New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pictures:

More pictures in here. Comment if you like! Thanks!

Formerly called as the F1, the BYD F0 - an Aygo carbon copy is now set for sale starting September 2 in China.

Initially planned to be sold at around 20,000 rmb or 2930.4 USD (based on Google currency converter) the car is now finally available starting at 30,690rmb or 4496.6 US Dollars. The Aygo, cough… cough… I mean F0 was formerly known as the F1, but because of some licensing issues, the company was forced to rename the car to a less popular “F0 or FZero”? And despite looking like an Aygo, there seem to have no major issues between BYD and Toyota.

Okay, that doesn’t suprise me. What made me interested is the reports about BYD making less than 10,000rmb on each car. This makes the F0 one of the cheapest small cars on the Chinese market or to the world.

The car will be sold in four variants; Practical (30,690rmb), Standard (30,990rmb), Luxury (40,390rmb), and VIP (40,690rmb). Having no direct competitors, BYD expects to sell 30,000 units of F0 by the end of this year from September 2. By 2010, BYD hope to be selling 80,000 cars per year.
    Source: AutomobileScoop
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Where can i buy this car? Is it already distributed here in Philippines? If they give it with 5 yeard 150,000km warranty, ill change my benz for this.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    AFAIK,

There is no BYD dealer/distributor here in the Philippines. Expect the price at around 500K if that car will be sold here. You know, government tax.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmmm..... I actually like the looks of the copycat better than the original. I wonder if the engine is the same, inferior or better than it's Toyota counterpart?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    eto na BYD sa Pinas

Chinese brand to bring in life-size RC car you can also drive | Motioncars

If you’re too wary to ride inside a Chinese-made car, then why not drive one outside it?

For all practical intents and purposes, this is the head-turning offer of the BYD F5 Su Roi sedan. Its Remote Driving Control (RDC) technology reportedly earned it the Best Leading Science and Technology award in the 2012 Beijing Auto Show.

The RDC technology allows the F5 Su Roi owner to switch on the car’s engine and air conditioner, then enable the vehicle to move forward and back, turn left and right, and travel at a restricted speed—without the driver even being in the vehicle—all at the press of a button.

Auto company Build Your Dreams (BYD), the maker of the F5 Su Rui, will open its first showroom in the Philippines on Sept. 7 at 312 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City. And no doubt, this novelty of an RC car will be one of the top crowd drawers. It would also raise the tricky question: “If I want to test-drive the car, would I have to do it inside or outside the vehicle?”

BYD Su Rui(??) - Overall Performance Demonstration.flv - YouTube

BYD Co. Ltd. claims to be the world’s biggest rechargeable battery manufacturer, and the first Chinese automotive brand to penetrate the US market. It says it branched out into the auto business in 2003, and has “kept a robust yearly growth rate.”

According to a statement by the BYD, in 2008, Warren Buffett invested $232 million to take a 9.89-percent stake in the company.

It added that today, it is “the fastest-growing Chinese auto company and a global pioneer in the field of new energy vehicles, including Dual Mode Electric Models and Pure Electric Models. In 2010, BYD and Daimler AG set up a 50-50, $88-million tieup.”

In the Philippines, BYD is distributed by Solar Transport and Automotive Resources Corp., with Anna Marie Tanhueco as GM, and Mark Tieng as managing director.

Aside from the F5 Su Rui, which is powered by a 1.5-liter turbocharged all-aluminum alloy engine with dual clutch transmission, BYD also offers its SUV (the BYD S6) and another sedan variant (the BYD L3).

The S6, which BYD claimed was awarded China’s “SUV of the Year” in 2012, reportedly received a 5-star rating in the C-NCAP crash tests.

The vehicle is available in 2.4- and 2-liter variants. Both are fitted with a dual-mode sun roof, ABS (antilock brake system), EBD (electronic brake distribution), dual front airbags, side airbags, curtain airbag, parking radar with reverse camera, 7-inch multitouch screen monitor, DVD player, nine speakers and smart key—all pretty much standard in today’s SUVs.

Then everyone’s attention reverts to that RDC car. And you’ll think, what’ll they come up with next?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Saw this in tv program autoreview, iirc.

Amazing remote features, driving the without the driver inside, driving it while watching outside the car.

BYD F0 - Toyota Aygo copycat under 300K Pesos!