New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MG PH to release statement this week about SAIC’s takeover | Visor

word has it that SAIC will formally enter the Philippine market as a distributor, and that the brand it will focus on is MG.
    This is what I got from a TCCCI executive: “We should have a statement by next week (meaning, this week). We can’t release an official one yet because the arrangements between SAIC and TCCCI are still being finalized.”

2. Join Date
    May 2011

MG Philippines has no choice about the forced takeover of SAIC because in China, SAIC already owns 100% of MG.

Not to mention, SAIC is a government funded automotive company. The chinese overlords don't want to share their stuff with democracy.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ordeal with an MG ZS ... https://bilyonaryo.com/2024/03/30/br...ting/business/

mg.jpg

"xxx

“Pinalitan nila fusebox kasi yun daw yung sira, pero wala naman nangyari,” she said. “Ito ang matindi, I was advised to seek help from A/C experts outside casa. So meaning, give up na sila. Wala nang help. Very disappointed ako at di ko rin alam san pa ko pupunta."

xxx

“Never again with MG. Lack of empathy sa customers. Oo nang oo pag magpapa-PMS kasi malaki yung charge,” she added."

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    ordeal with an MG ZS ... https://bilyonaryo.com/2024/03/30/br...ting/business/

mg.jpg

"xxx

“Pinalitan nila fusebox kasi yun daw yung sira, pero wala naman nangyari,” she said. “Ito ang matindi, I was advised to seek help from A/C experts outside casa. So meaning, give up na sila. Wala nang help. Very disappointed ako at di ko rin alam san pa ko pupunta."

xxx

“Never again with MG. Lack of empathy sa customers. Oo nang oo pag magpapa-PMS kasi malaki yung charge,” she added."
    now, that's strange...
    car aircon should be cut-and-dry de cajon...
    even C4U's car aircon problem turned out to be simple enough.
    sometimes kasi, the problem is the mekaniko's lack of... insight, or common sense.

normally,
    i would just bring it to banawe, etc,
    but as the car was still under warranty...
    Last edited by dr. d; March 31st, 2024 at 09:57 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Pinalampas lang sya sa lemon law and warranty.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    MG Philippines should at least seek help from 3rd party aircon tech if they cannot pinpoint the exact problem. Since the car is just new and if there is no leak in the system a simple replacement of the expansion valve could do wonders.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    based on the TS's narration above,
    third-party help is exactly what someone in the casa was advising the TS, albeit un-officially siguro...

i still have this belief,
    some cars get a bad rep because the mechanic supposed to know the car, simply just isn't up to snuff.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 2nd, 2024 at 12:46 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    based on the TS's narration above,
    third-party help is exactly what someone in the casa was advising the TS, albeit un-officially siguro...
    my guess is, the problem is easy to solve, if one knew one's stuff..
    i haven't yet come across a car aircon problem that couldn't be solved...
    Casa should be the one to look for reliable 3rd party aircon repair/maintenance shop and have it fix.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Casa should be the one to look for reliable 3rd party aircon repair/maintenance shop and have it fix.
    i agree.
    but i suspect, the casa hadn't been long-enough in the business...
    hindi pa comprehensive ang shop SOPs nila.
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Puwede ring magaling lang yung mekaniko nila sa pag-ayos ng makina pero mahina sa AC at electronics.

Or puwede ring pulpol talaga yung mekaniko.

Not all dealerships have certified mechanics. Yung iba nga eh galing lang din sa gas station sa tabi-tabi tapos may kakilala lang sa loob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast