New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sirs,

Happy holidays! Im buying my first car and the Cruze is on my list (includes the Mitsu ASX and the Focus). I did a lot of research and went to all the sites both foreign and local to get a handle on how the car is. I have no doubt, maganda talaga na kotse to and feature for feature walang sinabi mga cars na ka segment nya (traction control, 4 airbags, etc).

A lot of people, lalo na my friends from insurance tell me that GM/Chevy parts and service is very bad here in our country. Kakainis na nga e, kase when I ask them naman if they have even seen a Cruze up close or let alone have driven one, why would they bash it? Ill admit, I love the way it looks and the features on paper are tough to beat and im really leaning to buying it. I'd just like to know if all this is true about the parts and service? I thought GM was under new management (TCCI)? Cruze owners, any help you can give me would be great, esp on the good dealers. Anyway, thanks in advance for the information. Godspeed everyone.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i test drove it. its really a good car.

ive actually been contemplating on finally purchasing one (it was my original plan) or stretch my budget almost twice the price and get the new sonata.

eitherway, cruze is the best.

dont go for the focus, theyll be releasing an all new model come april. and its not as a good as the cruze.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by charriolkid View Post
    dont go for the focus, theyll be releasing an all new model come april. and its not as a good as the cruze.
    I'll beg to differ. Since hindi pa nakalabas, hold judgement nalang muna. But IMO, driving dynamics palang panalo na Focus eh. Then again, the Cruze isn't meant to be pushed hard. Cruising lang kung baga

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaolo1 View Post
    Sirs,

Happy holidays! Im buying my first car and the Cruze is on my list (includes the Mitsu ASX and the Focus). I did a lot of research and went to all the sites both foreign and local to get a handle on how the car is. I have no doubt, maganda talaga na kotse to and feature for feature walang sinabi mga cars na ka segment nya (traction control, 4 airbags, etc).

A lot of people, lalo na my friends from insurance tell me that GM/Chevy parts and service is very bad here in our country. Kakainis na nga e, kase when I ask them naman if they have even seen a Cruze up close or let alone have driven one, why would they bash it? Ill admit, I love the way it looks and the features on paper are tough to beat and im really leaning to buying it. I'd just like to know if all this is true about the parts and service? I thought GM was under new management (TCCI)? Cruze owners, any help you can give me would be great, esp on the good dealers. Anyway, thanks in advance for the information. Godspeed everyone.

The Chevy Cruze car itself is a good car. Although not fast, it will drive well. It is a comfortable cruiser of a car and not a performance car so quick cornering is NOT in it's forte. There is not much to fault about the car inside and out (maybe except that it is hard to find aftermarket wheels to fit the car's stud pattern).

The real problem with this car is the badge. I still say that the Chevy company in the Philippines still have a long way to go to improve it's aftersales service. There has been a lot of promises but from what I read, aftersales services seems "inconsistent" at best and same as old at worst (old in this case is Chevy being slow, expensive and spare parts for their cars not available).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by charriolkid View Post
    i test drove it. its really a good car.

ive actually been contemplating on finally purchasing one (it was my original plan) or stretch my budget almost twice the price and get the new sonata.

eitherway, cruze is the best.

You will be mistaken if you claim that the Cruze handles better than the Focus. The Focus might be an outgoing model but it is still a much better handling car than the new Cruze.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You will be mistaken if you claim that the Cruze handles better than the Focus. The Focus might be an outgoing model but it is still a much better handling car than the new Cruze.
    Si, i think he was comparing it to his old Focus.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the input

*charriolkid - i saw a Sonata sa Nlex kasabay ko sa toll gate. Its really nice with its panoramic sunroof, but the price is sadly out of my budget.

*jhnkvn & av8or5 - yeah i read sa website ng Ford that there will be a new Focus soon, with a new look, etc. Handling, like cornering and such?

*ghosthunter - wow...thanks for the heads up about their after sales service. what ive been hearing about the parts and service has some validity to it after all. the Chevrolet badge is so iconic, it would be nice just to have one in any garage...sayang. if a car was like a TV lang na when you buy it and the service is bad, ok lang kase you know you wont buy from that manufacturer again. but for something worth more than a million bucks? hirap ata nun...

well, back to my research. thanks again sirs!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *donpaolo1

What is your budget for a new car? I assume it is around P900k to P1M given your option of a Cruze.

Would you be interested:
    - Mitsu Lancer EX GLS for P895,000.00
    - Mitsu Lancer EX MX for P978,000.00
    http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg

-Honda Civic 1.8V for P913,000.00
    -Honda Civic 1.8S for P976,000.00
    -Kia Soul 1.6L AT for P875,000.00

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    *donpaolo1

What is your budget for a new car? I assume it is around P900k to P1M given your option of a Cruze.

Would you be interested:
    - Mitsu Lancer EX GLS for P895,000.00
    - Mitsu Lancer EX MX for P978,000.00
    http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg

-Honda Civic 1.8V for P913,000.00
    -Honda Civic 1.8S for P976,000.00
    -Kia Soul 1.6L AT for P875,000.00

A salesman sir?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaolo1 View Post
    Thanks for the input

*charriolkid - i saw a Sonata sa Nlex kasabay ko sa toll gate. Its really nice with its panoramic sunroof, but the price is sadly out of my budget.

*jhnkvn & av8or5 - yeah i read sa website ng Ford that there will be a new Focus soon, with a new look, etc. Handling, like cornering and such?

*ghosthunter - wow...thanks for the heads up about their after sales service. what ive been hearing about the parts and service has some validity to it after all. the Chevrolet badge is so iconic, it would be nice just to have one in any garage...sayang. if a car was like a TV lang na when you buy it and the service is bad, ok lang kase you know you wont buy from that manufacturer again. but for something worth more than a million bucks? hirap ata nun...

well, back to my research. thanks again sirs!

I hope you really make the correct decision in buying a car sir. If given a chance I can discuss with you the ownership cost of the Cruze. This is designed for a low maintenance cost. Parts availability has improved a lot in recent months and is comparable to new units of other brands. Don't scratch the Cruze in your list as many exciting things are coming for the owners and for the car.

Check the WTCC websites for its performance in racing. This is GM's global car and is doing great in Asia Pacific. Parts are all over Asia and thesame here in Philippines.

Test drive one in our garage sir. Feel the ride and its power.

See them on the streets and feel its presence. Feel its aura on the road as you stare at them. You'll feel its the car you should be driving.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Buying a Cruze, need input