New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'm thinking of installing automatic faucets and urinals in a small commercial project. Am not sure if the water savings will translate to lower overhead cost in the long run. Do you have them in your home or office? In your experience, how long do these things usually last? Would you know if these are serviceable or not. Would really appreciate your personal experience.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    tingen ko din ka naman makakatiped sa tubig, pero makakatipid mga customer ng isang step yun pag-flush at pagbukas ng gripo. sa panahon ngaun, malaki bagay yan sa repeat sales

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe automatic faucets can save a few bucks ... automatic urinals maybe not necessary ... they are just for hygienic reasons ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^
    What I like about them is you can set the amount/rate of water dispensed. Am thinking aside from the avoiding the occasional faucet left open, the valves will also tend to last longer vs the manual actuated ones. It's just the number of duty cycles before replacement time and replacement cost of the electronics that worry me.

I can't underestimate the cost of wasted water as a single faucet left open in one of our stores over the weekend cost me a few thousand already. Damn these high commercial rates.

*OB
    Yup I have to admit to myself I'm going to have to start creating a better experience for customers. Nah. Kuripot lang talaga ako

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For commercial building ... Install a shut off valve near the entrance ... One that is easily accessed ... Turn it off everyday when establishment is closed ...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    For commercial building ... Install a shut off valve near the entrance ... One that is easily accessed ... Turn it off everyday when establishment is closed ...
    When our building was new, we had these automatic faucets which are sensor activated. Pero mukhang di rin nagtagal. Ngayon manual faucet na lang din sila. At least yung automatic urinals gumagana pa naman hanggang ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    We have that already for the newer buildings. For the older ones we just shut off the main valve by the meter. There's just that one building where the meters are with the landlord and can't be shut off for the weekend when the utility guy's not around.

Thanks for reminding me about that though. ��

The nice automatic faucets start at 17k+. Pricey.

A friend says his faucets still work after 4 years. Just had to replace the battery. Hmmmm
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; June 26th, 2018 at 07:50 PM.