New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Brief background: My EFs18-55mm f4 kit lens mysteriously died today (taena talaga), so I called some of the more popular camera supplies shop here in Manila to canvass for 17-40mm f4 L-type lens (I'm really planning to buy it anyways, though hindi pa talaga ngayon and pagbalik ko pa sana sa Japan).

So I called Henry's, Mayer's, and Watson. All, except sa Mayer's, ay may nakausap ako. Aside from asking the price of what I am looking for, I also asked them if they're accepting credit card payments. And all of them told me na kinansela daw nila yung mga credit card transactions nila dahil hinihintay daw nila maibalik yung credit card surcharges.

-- NEWS RECAP Around late October inannounce na aalisin na yung 6% (common) extra charge sa credit card transactions effective November 5, 2006. --

My Question is: while they have the right (meron nga ba talaga?) to cancel all types of credit card transaction, "makatarungan" or reasonable ba na gawin nila yun? Parang ang nangyayari kasi ngayon eh ang mga consumers ang naiipit sa ganito.

Yun lang. Kainis amp.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Their loss. Don't be a victim anymore.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Wait til they bring it back or just buy it in japan whichever comes first....... don't be a sucker.

:fly:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yan ang problema pag nagbebenta pamura. hindi ka na ma-adjust.

hindi na mura yan kung may surcharge. layo pa hidalgo

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I do not carry that much cash, dahil may credit card naman kami.

Kung talagang kailangan at sila lang ang source,- bayaran ko ng cash,- pero kung hindi naman at pareho rin lang ang presyo sa iba,- credit card na....

:starwars:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Someone has to pay the 6.5%, hidalgo is a cut-throat market so of course they quote everything in cash. in Malls, it's just integrated in the price. I don't really see any difference at all because the 6.5% never disappeared, it's just unstated.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You want the lowest price, you've got to pay in cash... Mall shops are already overpriced, so they just absorb the lack of surcharge.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i will soon have my own merchant on my clinic so patient could have their treatment, swipe and go=)

the manager warn/tipped me beforehand that i should increase or marked up all existing prices before the delivery of the machine, that way it wont be confusing for the patient to have two prices, one for credit one for cash, because i will still pay 5% on top of every amount.

so if you really want a cheaper buy go to greenhills, tutuban , divisoria and tiangge where only cash payment are accepted.

in taiwan years back, they are accepting credit card along tiangge and night market=)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OK, just for good measure, I phoned JT Photoworld (and other 2 more camera shops). JT offered me Php28K for 10-22mm (card price, 0% interest for 12 months) while Henry's offer was Php33K. Same lens brand.

What gives?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    My Question is: while they have the right (meron nga ba talaga?) to cancel all types of credit card transaction, "makatarungan" or reasonable ba na gawin nila yun? Parang ang nangyayari kasi ngayon eh ang mga consumers ang naiipit sa ganito.
    Ok lang iyan, huwag ka nang maiinis... It is WRONG to say na "Hindi makatarungan" kasi negosyo nila iyan. They have every right NOT to accept credit card transactions.

At kung walang pambayad ang tao (kasi kailangan mang-utang sa credit card), huwag na siyang bumili.

Every business will have to choose between more sales (they'll sell more if they accept credit cards) or giving up the surcharge. And consumer will have the choice of going to a place where they can buy it cheaper (but with cash) or going to another merchant (and pay a higher price with a credit card).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cancellation of Credit Card Surcharges and What the Merchants are Doing Now