New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am planning to have a dashcam but still confused which to buy... should I have the rear view dashcam or the standalone dashcam? Would the rear view dashcam be more destructive during driving? But the rear view dashcam also offer a larger screen even up to 10inch....

Can anyone help?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I am planning to have a dashcam but still confused which to buy... should I have the rear view dashcam or the standalone dashcam? Would the rear view dashcam be more destructive during driving? But the rear view dashcam also offer a larger screen even up to 10inch....

Can anyone help?
    If you find yourself frequently adjusting the rear view mirror before driving, the standalone dashcam would be good for you. If not, you can go for the rear view dash cam.

I don't think there's not much use in having a large screen in a dash cam. Would you be leaving the screen turned on while driving? I notice some drivers are like that. Watching what the dashcam records? I dunno. It might even become a distraction for some drivers.

I use a standalone dashcam (DDPAI). One for the front (Mini2P) and one at the back (Mini). It has no screen and I just use my phone to access it via wifi.

As for the brands, there's Yi, Viofi, Transcend, DDPAI, to name a few. Check reviews online or in youtube so you can compare.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga bossing, I intend to install a rear view mirror dashcam. I have seen in FB yung QCY F11 yung dual cam nya is 2K 2560*1440P but hindi ko alam yung brand na QCY.... On the other hand meron ding Lenovo dash cam (popular sa PC), but yung front cam nya is 1080p lang and back is 720p.... I am confused...pls help

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Not familiar with the brand either. There's a rearview mirror dashcam by Yi. YOu may want to check that out too.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I gave my old, but still excellent (standalone) Spytec A119 to my nephew because I haven't had any incident since what, 2 years ago?

Now, I want to install a new standalone dashcam, this time a single unit with dual or triple channels. I'm thinking something like the Vantrue N4 3-channel.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A rear-view mounted dashcam with a second camera in the back doubles as a reverse monitor. Useful for cars that cheap out on this safety feature (I'm looking at you Subaru).
    Last edited by JohnM; November 27th, 2020 at 05:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pioneer HU with rear view mode.
    I'm actually thinking of wiring the reverse gear sensor to a switch so I can use the rear view camera on demand.