New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi Everyone,

newbie here. I recently had a Toyota casa install an AVT alarm on my Altis 08. The alarm works fine except that it activates the hazard lights whenever the door is opened. I find the feature kind of annoying. Is there a way to deactivate this?

Also, any comments on the AVT alarm. I know its too late since I already made the purchase but any heads up on its performance would be much appreciated.

Likewise, do they really need to remove the steering wheel when they install the alarm? I just noticed after installation that the steering wheel was now making scratching noises whenever I do maniobra and is a little oriented to the left (pakabig sa kaliwa).
    I already complained to the Sales Manager and will be bringing the car back tomorrow for checking.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Nino

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Why do they have to remove the steering wheel? Alarm are very simple to install even a 10 years old kid do it, thats very weird.

Make sure you still have the airbag on the steering.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung hazard activation pag nag open ka ng door ay safety features ng alarm.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    what model of AVT alarm is in your unit?

i believe they'll be installing in our Innova J an AVT-408 alarm with Thunder keyless entry. Our unit will be delivered on Friday.

as per one of the SA of another toyota branch, AVT is higher in cost compared with Thunder alarm.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Yung hazard activation pag nag open ka ng door ay safety features ng alarm.
    Yeah. And why would someone want this deactivated. Helpful ito when you open your doors sa shoulder ng highway esp. at night.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, Have a 2007 Innova E and had AVT alarm installed when it was purchased. Currently having problems with the alarm. The alarm is very sensitive now and activates at the slightest wind. Do you guys know how to adjust sensitivity? Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Why do they have to remove the steering wheel? Alarm are very simple to install even a 10 years old kid do it, thats very weird.

Make sure you still have the airbag on the steering.
    siguro ay meron silang nilagay na sensor so that when the steering wheel is moved,(if they get able to enter the car. i'm pertaining to the would to be intruders) the alarm will activate so they will not be able to take the car and run it. i'm not quite sure with this opinion of mine but i hope it helped you a lot. advice ko lng,itanung at ipacheck mo na din sa expert para sure because steering wheels has a very big role in a car. baka maging dahilan pa yan ng aksidente.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    sirs, baka may photo naman kayo kung ano itsura ng remote ng AVT 515? wala sa google e. nagpakabit kasi ako sa tyt commonwealth last saturday, 5 days pa lang may gumagaralgal sa lock ng drivers seat. iniwan ko kasi car nung install nila hindi ko napanood. medyo paranoid lang ako na baka hindi AVT yung ininstall kaya gusto ko makita itsura ng remote. tapos dko na din nakuha box kasi nagmamadali na ako pauwi e. kulay pula yung box. salamat po...

ibabalik ko pala sa sabado kasi waranty pa yung alarm at installation...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hello Tsikot Gurus.

Question po, regarding my car alam (AVT), it was chirping when armed but lights are not blinking... i guess i pressed something sa remote. btw, my car alarm was installed sa CASA, TYT Commonwealth, avanza 2011 J. Please advice mga gurus thank you.

More power everyone.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Pahelp mga sir, Nagpainstalla din ako ng AVT Alarm sa Accent ko AVT-PA516. Ang problem ko nga lang kapag pinapatay ko na makina ng oto ko nag automatic na magunlock yung doors. Parang unsafe kasi yun. Pwede ko bang patanggal yung features na yun mga sir sa pinagbilhan ko sa casa? Salamat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AVT Alarm?  Your Help Please