New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,983
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    baka may alam kayong app dyan para sa android HU
    "Find My Device" gamit ko sa android phone, google base siya.
    Since walang 4G connection yung android HU hindi siya mag work.
    Dont buy the cheap gps locator, most of the time walang masagap na gps signal.
    One solution is to buy 4G enabled dash cam, try mo sa AVT, nasa 4-5K ang price.
    Or buy a cheap china smartphone na may internet at gps function and use Find My Device app.
    Or kung may WIFI yung HU mo, buy a pocket wifi, less than 2k, put it in your vehicle and link your HU to the pocket wifi. Use Find My Device app, to locate your HU, you will need a google account for your HU.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; November 24th, 2019 at 04:07 AM.

  2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,397
    #12
    may nakabili and install na sa inyo ng gps tracker with engine cutoff from lazada?

    any feedback if working sya or madaling masira, or may subscription ba?

    thanks!

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,208
    #13
    It normally needs a SIM card that needs some load so it can send you status reports ...

  4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,397
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It normally needs a SIM card that needs some load so it can send you status reports ...
    thanks bro
    might install smart sim, para di nag expire load

    Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,397
    #15
    nakabili nako ng cheap lang muna to gauge tracking app from sinotrack, mukhang OK naman
    wala sya engine cutoff. will observe and update this thread, di pa nagagamit sa byahe eh
    one thing i noticed, kahit unplugged sya sinsabi may power yung device (CON for me kasi di accurate)

  6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,046
    #16
    Question about this.

    Would things like Apple Air Tag or Tile be a worthwhile thing to explore as an alternative given the compactness, you can essentially hide it anywhere as long as you can access it annually for battery replacement

    I am assuming tracking is the main function and not added features like shutoff and monitoring the vehicle's performance realtime

  7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,397
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Question about this.

    Would things like Apple Air Tag or Tile be a worthwhile thing to explore as an alternative given the compactness, you can essentially hide it anywhere as long as you can access it annually for battery replacement

    I am assuming tracking is the main function and not added features like shutoff and monitoring the vehicle's performance realtime
    may gps/data ba sya? diba parang key finder yan? sorry not familiar with apple products hehehe

    Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,046
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    may gps/data ba sya? diba parang key finder yan? sorry not familiar with apple products hehehe

    Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Not too familiar with these devices din to be honest but na-curious lang din ako how "mature" the ecosystem has become. Curious if it was a possible alternative to gps trackers.

    Apple AirTags Unboxing & Demo! - YouTube

    A video from Marques Brownlee.

    If I understand Apple Airtag Tech correctly, it piggybacks on the "FIND MY DEVICE" technology/system of Apple's ecosystem. But the Airtag emits a bluetooth signal (I think) not a GPS Signal. Any Apple device can serve as a "relay" point to update the "current location" or "last known location" per my understanding.

    So I was curious if this was possible to use din to track vehicles with assigned driver with a workphone. The workphone could just be an old iphone with data and also in your Find My Device ecosystem so you can also track the phone, and the airtag on the assigned vehicle could piggyback on that phone to update present location. I imagine you could just hide the airtag under the passenger seat so it is near enough the "ping" the nearby phone to update location.

    It is still relatively new so I'm not sure if I got the concept correctly din.

    Tile is a more "third party" competitor that works on Android and IOS. But I don't know how robust the "Find my" ecosystem for tile would be here.

  9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,397
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Not too familiar with these devices din to be honest but na-curious lang din ako how "mature" the ecosystem has become. Curious if it was a possible alternative to gps trackers.

    Apple AirTags Unboxing & Demo! - YouTube

    A video from Marques Brownlee.

    If I understand Apple Airtag Tech correctly, it piggybacks on the "FIND MY DEVICE" technology/system of Apple's ecosystem. But the Airtag emits a bluetooth signal (I think) not a GPS Signal. Any Apple device can serve as a "relay" point to update the "current location" or "last known location" per my understanding.

    So I was curious if this was possible to use din to track vehicles with assigned driver with a workphone. The workphone could just be an old iphone with data and also in your Find My Device ecosystem so you can also track the phone, and the airtag on the assigned vehicle could piggyback on that phone to update present location. I imagine you could just hide the airtag under the passenger seat so it is near enough the "ping" the nearby phone to update location.

    It is still relatively new so I'm not sure if I got the concept correctly din.

    Tile is a more "third party" competitor that works on Android and IOS. But I don't know how robust the "Find my" ecosystem for tile would be here.
    looks expensive bro hehehe
    may nag recommend, cheap android phone then semi permanent sa auto. find my device nalang daw gawin. plano ko sana gawin sa HU ko since android OS naman, kaso ubos ka sa data hehehe

    Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Inquiry about GPS Tracker to be installed