New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs. My sister gave me an old garmin nuvi from the Us. What shoul I do to instal a Philippine map? Thanks so much

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can download a free Philippine map from roadguide. The better option is to buy an SD card with Philippine map. I bought one before from an online seller at P900 or P1k yata.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Will any model of Garmin from US or Canada work in PHL? Thinking of getting one sent from there.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Be a member of roadguide, contribute map data and you will get the contributors' map (read: most updated map). The free map, which is not the current version, may have wrong points of interest and routing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will any model of Garmin from US or Canada work in PHL? Thinking of getting one sent from there.
    Yes, as long as you load it with the proper PHL map.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the reply, sir. Where can I buy the SD card with PHL map?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    You can explore philippine's open street map version for garmin. Community based contributions to the map and updated weekly.

Visit Schadow1 Expeditions: #mapPHL

Scroll towards the bottom. There is a description of open streetmap and the latest compiled version

Good enough for my use

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by garic View Post
    You can explore philippine's open street map version for garmin. Community based contributions to the map and updated weekly.

Visit Schadow1 Expeditions: #mapPHL

Scroll towards the bottom. There is a description of open streetmap and the latest compiled version

Good enough for my use
    I'm new in this thing, sir. Can you give me a step by step procedure on how to do it from download to transfer go the garmin. Thanks so much.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    I'm new in this thing, sir. Can you give me a step by step procedure on how to do it from download to transfer go the garmin. Thanks so much.
    Here you go

Schadow1 Expeditions: Tip: How to use Openstreetmaps for Navigation Systems