New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just wondering... Wala pa bang cheaper (Chinese brand) ng Collision Avoidance System?

Kahit alarm lang kapag unsafe na layo mo from the car infront?

Ang mahal pa rin kasi ng Mobileye.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006

cadogan's aussie accent threw me for a loop.

anyway, do you guys agree w/ cadogan's conclusion that the adas is a "half-baked b.s. asisstance system" ?

may anecdotes na ba kayo so far w/ this "spidey sense" tech?
    Last edited by baludoy; December 10th, 2023 at 07:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I don't agree since technology always evolve, its relative to the user.

I find these aids helpful but I don't fully trust my life on it because any technology is not perfect-not unless redundancy and foolproofness can be guaranteed.

If collision warning beeps then it alerts me to position the foot on the brake pedal and ready for depressing.

If blindspot warning blinks then it alerts me of objects besides the vehicle, to start looking around for better situational awareness

I use adaptive cruise to relax the foot but still looks ahead-awake and alert for possible collision or emergency maneuvers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    The best "ADAS" in my vehicles, old or new with redundancy is my "WIFE"

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes and no. It's certainly not for everyone.

If I can have my way, I want an option to selectively turn things on or off.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I hate lane keep assist haha

Just not practical to use here, cars barely fit in our lanes and with all the jostling about we do in traffic daming beses that you might have to cross the line.

Even the dumb proximity sensors on a Corolla can get annoying in Metro Manila traffic when a pedestrian crosses right next to your rear bumper, or if a motorcycle stops very close to your car. Tunog ng tunog!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Even the dumb proximity sensors on a Corolla can get annoying in Metro Manila traffic when a pedestrian crosses right next to your rear bumper, or if a motorcycle stops very close to your car. Tunog ng tunog!
    i agree. it is an annoyance.
    but if i turn it off naman, i get worried. "bakit walang alarm?"
    highs.

Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) / Collision Avoidance System