New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I changed the normal/default "yellow" ones with White/Blue ones found sa mga car accessory shops, pero after some months, yung electrical pole (yung plastic that has all the wires to light up the bulb) eh natunaw na, and also yung metal part sa headlight bulb mismo ay natunaw na din. The voltage ata of the bulb is normally 120/90 right? The ones I got were I think 150 --- Now I had them replaced again, and for the bulbs, I plan to get yung Philipps nalang (cant afford the uber white ones priced at 2k above).

So ang qustion ko is, bakit natutunaw yung plastic? Is it because mashadong mataas ung voltage nung bulbs? Anong magandang pang-remedyo dito? Palalagyan ko ba ng relay?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe too much heat. Its possible to replace the stock sockets to ceramic ones so to prevent them from melting again.

BTW, what's your car?.. stock bulbs for typical cars are 55/65watts while some SUVs use 90/100 watts (or somewhere in that range).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    *ghosthunter
    akin car ko 89 lancer, if i change my parklights to super whites, do i need to change the sockets or not?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i dont think u hav to change the sockets of the park lights, there are colored bulbs available for the park light. another option is to buy an aftermarket h4 headlight wiring kit w/ sockets, the better ones can tolerate the heat of the high wattage bulbs. hth.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ch|p^^::: If your new bulbs are the ones commonly sold in Banawe stores (Raybrig/Hy-Brid/Osram/etc.), they're just 60/55W bulbs, which your stock sockets and wirings can handle. To verify the correct wattage, pull out the bulbs carefully without touching the glass part. Exact wattage is written around the rim lip.

One culprit I could think of, improperly installed sockets. Loose connections from the bulb and terminals tend to build up heat which could melt the socket, and at the same time heat coming from the bulb itself while in use.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the stock headlight bulbs (both low and high beam) are only 55/65, by your experience what is the maximum wattage of bulbs i can use to replace these without melting the housing? wire harness? sockets? car is also lancer

thanx in advance sa replies

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a 93 Honda Hatch ^_^ I'll look at the wattage tomorrow.... I know may knita akong 120/90 and then 150---- dun >.>

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep.... The wattage of my bulbs were 150/125. Meron bang mga available na white/platinum white bulbs na 55/65? Kasi parang lahat ng nakikita ko sa store (MG Infinity, Concorde) eh mga gnito. If ever do I just need to use ceramic sockets? Or diff kind of wirings?

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    philips diamondvision 5000k are white bulbs, 55/65 ata.

i think maximum na safe for stock sockets are 100/90 bulbs, cos i used that on my civic before without any problems.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... I was in a hurry so I kinda got replacement sockets lang for now, may class kasi ako agad nung dinala ko sa pagawaan.... I'll have them replace it into a better one by next week. Then bulbs time >.>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Headlights question