New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    just wanna get some opinions/suggestions from the people here

so, the high and the low beams of the current ford escape model here is separate. i've already installed an HID bulb (Conquer brand) sa low beam. until recently i was also planning to have the high beam and the fog lamps installed with HID bulbs. pero right now though i'm planning to have an all-weather bulb installed on my fog lamps and high beam instead. sa tingin niyo ok ba yun?

kasi yun nga, useless yung HID pag umuulan and foggy (we went to tagaytay before ng gabi na and napadaan sa may fog and ang hirap) and pag traffic, nakakasilaw yung light ng HID na nagba-bounce-off sa back ng car in front of you. those are some of the factors that made me think.

suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    btw, i'm thinking keep the HID on the low beam, all weather for the fogs, and philips x-treme power bulbs for the high (not sure if may mga available compatible bulbs though )

whatcha guys think?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sounds like a good combo. but how about 4300 kelvin HID? still sucks at rain?

just take note though, even with seperate low and hi beams. the low still needs to be adjusted a little bit because the light still bleeds because of reflector.
    Last edited by rion; August 16th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    sounds like a good combo. but how about 4300 kelvin HID? still sucks at rain?

just take note though, even with seperate low and hi beams. the low still needs to be adjusted a little bit because the light still bleeds because of reflector.
    yeah, i was actually thinking about the 3k-4k HIDs, too. anyone here knows how they perform on rainy and foggy nights?

about the low beam being adjusted... where should i get it adjusted? sa casa ba? hmm pero when i turn the low beam on at night sa garage to see if it hurts the eye, parang hindi naman... hmm dunno

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Do not install HIDs in you high beam + fogs. Nakaksilaw yan. Since Highbeam and fogs, focus their light ahead straight to the opposite vehicle driver's eyes.

Notice mo yan sa mga HiD sa fogs + highbeam.
    Highbeam, just install Osram bulbs.
    Fogs = all weather osrams

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007

ganit set ko.. (altis)

HID low beam - 8k
    yellow euroline fogs
    xenon AWB high beam .. oks na oks sa ulan ..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    about the low beam being adjusted... where should i get it adjusted? sa casa ba? hmm pero when i turn the low beam on at night sa garage to see if it hurts the eye, parang hindi naman... hmm dunno
    getting the right aim is tricky, our eyes adjust how much light it will accept.
    you need to test it on a very dark place where your source of light is only from your ride. step away 10-25 meters and see if you think/believe you could able see objects behind your ride. if it irritates even just a bit, then it's not good enough.

been playing with adjusting headlamps myself, I thought they were ok. no incoming motorists beam me high on the city. but I realize on provincial dark roads. 70% of incoming motorist beam me high.

I was not able to get my aim right without the help of angry motorists that I glared on the dark provincial roads.
    Last edited by rion; August 17th, 2008 at 03:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    getting the right aim is tricky, our eyes adjust how much light it will accept.
    you need to test it on a very dark place where your source of light is only from your ride. step away 10-25 meters and see if you think/believe you could able see objects behind your ride. if it irritates even just a bit, then it's not good enough.

been playing with adjusting headlamps myself, I thought they were ok. no incoming motorists beam me high on the city. but I realize on provincial dark roads. 70% of incoming motorist beam me high.

I was not able to get my aim right without the help of angry motorists that I glared on the dark provincial roads.
    ah i see i see hehehe

i'll try that test next time then

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks guys for the suggestions!

hmmm

right now, eto plano ko:

Lo - HID
    Hi - Philips Rally Gold (or anything na yellow/gold hehe)
    Fogs - Philips X-treme Power Bulbs

if not, parehong philips x-treme na lang sa fogs and hi

ok na kaya yan? kasi iniisip ko rin yung combination ng colors eh hehehe (btw, pag binubuksan yung HI namamatay yung LO, kaya iniisip ko talaga yung color combination haha)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i suggest sticking to halogen bulbs if the vehicle uses halogen reflectors. using HIDs on them will be bad for you and fellow motorists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HID, Halogen, Fog for '08 Escape