New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hello Everyone!

Need your help here. Can you please state to me the pros and cons in having fog lights purchased in a Casa vs Banawe?

In Honda Manila, the fog lights for Civic 2006 is 14,160 pesos. In Banawe, they only charge for 3,300-3,500 pesos. That's less than 1/4 the price of the original one.

I'd like to save money and get the ones in Banawe, but I'm also afraid that this may damage the electrical wirings in my car. Any recommendations?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother had foglamps installed for the brand-new 2006 Civic of his [lady] friend. The lamps were purchased and installed at Jaffas in Banawe. We have been sourcing accessories from them for more than 10 years already.

Total cost was around Php3,000.00. That includes the foglamps, switch, wiring, and install.

The units are plug and play. They are virtually idiot proof as they were designed to be DIY installed in other markets [where labor is not cheap].

Next to be installed will be the Stebel Magnums. Maybe next week.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 27th, 2006 at 09:42 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mas cheaper talaga sa banawe. pero check rin the quality of the foglamps and the kits that come with it. don't use the bulb and relay that comes with the kit coz in a few months pundi/sira agad yon. get narva/philips sa bulb and bosch sa relay. as long as properly installed, it won't cause electrical problems.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the response guys! Mahanap nga ang Jaffas na iyan this weekend.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just have a look at the quality of the materials at the casa and outside, then compare. You can find accessories from other shops at half the price. I get my accessories from shops outside coz casa price is just too much.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I think kaya 14000k+ yung price nung OEM fog lights kasi yung switch niya integrated dun sa headlamp/parklight stalk, not the push button type found on the dashboard.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    banawe definitely. bantayin mo lang sa installation.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    My brother had foglamps installed for the brand-new 2006 Civic of his [lady] friend. The lamps were purchased and installed at Jaffas in Banawe. We have been sourcing accessories from them for more than 10 years already.
    OK ang Jaffas, I got my very first aftermarket headunit there nung mga mid-90's, a high-tech (at that time) Clarion headunit for a very good deal. Medyo controversial itong unit na ito kasi ito isang container yata ito na destined for Europe pero somehow ended up in Banawe stores.

Fog Lights = Casa or Banawe?