New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ano bang pinakamalakas na wattage ng ganitong bulb? may nakita ako 27W pero parang walang pinagbago. ano bang maganda gawin para lumakas yung bigay ng bulb? masama ba pag tinaasan yung wattage? ilalagay ko sana sa rear foglamp, pero parang kulang yung liwanag ng 21W. tulong naman po thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bump ko lang, this seems to be the closest to my question kasi and i didn't wanna make a new topic.

the oem pajero foglamps is 55w. what is the maximum possible wattage i can use without changing anything? one of the lamps kasi went out and i thought i'd replace em na. tia.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep em stock james. all weather ka nalang. mura na, effective pa. anything higher and you'll really have to replace the wirings, install a relay and switch to ceramic sockets to prevent any harm

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as much as possible, you'd like to keep it stock. ssaloon's advice of going all-weather is a good suggestion.

in my experience, though, was able to replace my fog's bulbs with a higher wattage all-weather bulb from Osram (not sure of the wattage tho, 85w ba or 100w?). at least 6 months installed and counting and still ok.

if the 55w all weather bulb will do it for you, ok na yun. if not, you might want to consider researching about the higher wattage bulb.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    fafa miko: ahhhh thanks. will try to look at an all-weather bulb bukas.

IMM: what was the oem wattage nung sa iyo? i'm considering it as well din kasi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag halogen for fog lamps, may mga 100watts but you will have to change sockets as well as wirings especially if you use for long periods of time, malulusaw wirings mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my OEM bulb wattage is 55w. to be safe, and if you use them for long periods at a time, take KCBoy and ssaloon's advice and stick with OEM wattage.

personally, i'm taking the risk by upgrading to a higher wattage, and leaving the wirings and sockets stock. so far so good. baka swerte pa lang, or too soon, or not used as much.

highest wattage of standard bulb