New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I want to replace the headlight bulbs on my Suzuki Esteem to really powerful halogens, not the white or HID types. What's the maximum for replacement bulbs in stock headlamps? I found OSRAM 100 / 180 but are there more powerful choices available? I don't want to go overboard and need to replace my alternator or something just to run the headlights. I just want the brightest lights I can get, best bang for the buck kung baga, and still retain much of the original wiring and setup. I already had my headlamps cleaned at Big Bert's pero kulang pa rin hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud_wiser
    I want to replace the headlight bulbs on my Suzuki Esteem to really powerful halogens, not the white or HID types. What's the maximum for replacement bulbs in stock headlamps? I found OSRAM 100 / 180 but are there more powerful choices available? I don't want to go overboard and need to replace my alternator or something just to run the headlights. I just want the brightest lights I can get, best bang for the buck kung baga, and still retain much of the original wiring and setup. I already had my headlamps cleaned at Big Bert's pero kulang pa rin hehehe
    You'll have to change to ceramic sockets if you use the 100w+ bulbs, also, it might blacken your headlight lenses, you could try the Osram Silverstars or Philips Visionplus instead, it's 55w but has wider and longer light throw.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    * falken: how much for one pair bro?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffishot
    * falken: how much for one pair bro?
    Philips Visionplus H4 P850 at Autosport Megamall or Perfect Circle in Banawe, P1,000 ang Osram Silverstars H4. Mas malayo lang ng kaunti ang light throw ng Osram Silverstars.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mine is stock 55/60 but i tilted it a bit so ganda ng buga (yung sapul pa rin ang kalye. i put my 55/60 super white during summer and ganda rin ng tapon.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    can u recomend a cheap set na ok lang for a '95 corrola? i replaced mine but i forgot kung anong klase but i ended up suffering coz halos walang ilaw. i dont know if there is something wrong with the installation or kung pangit lang talaga yung nabili ko. i already forgot kung anong klase yung binili ko. ur help will be greatly appreciated.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the stock wirings and sockets, you can only use the stock bulb wattage specified. If you'll go higher wattage, you'll change wires, add relays and change sockets to ceremic ones (mga 1.3-1.5K at electrical shops like Wizzard and Reys... guaranteed pulido gawa over the cheaper shops in Banawe).

Avoid those "super whites" and blue bulbs as they don't work well in poor weather at night. Stick to the stock white or all-weather colored bulbs.

There are several topics on this as well which you can dig up through a search...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    With the stock wirings and sockets, you can only use the stock bulb wattage specified. If you'll go higher wattage, you'll change wires, add relays and change sockets to ceremic ones (mga 1.3-1.5K at electrical shops like Wizzard and Reys... guaranteed pulido gawa over the cheaper shops in Banawe).
    Did this, sulit ang upgrade.
    Thanks again vinj sa payo!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I realize that I will have to beef up the wiring and use ceramic sockets. Yes Wizzard is an excellent shop. I've been going there for years and ang galing talaga ng work nila.

My lenses are glass. Will they still darken if I use more powerful bulbs? And are there bulbs available that are capable of more than 100 watts on low beam?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I realize that I will have to beef up the wiring and use ceramic sockets. Yes Wizzard is an excellent shop. I've been going there for years and ang galing talaga ng work nila.

My lenses are glass. Will they still darken if I use more powerful bulbs? And are there bulbs available that are capable of more than 100 watts on low beam?
    If your lenses are glass it won't darken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
max bulb power with stock headlights?