New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would like to share my experience to all of you and maybe some body can tell me the best thing to do.

I have a 2009 Tucson acquired at Hyundai Las Pinas last 2008 and till now being paid at BDO. Last July 8, 2010 I had a hit and run accident at Walter Mart leaving me a damage at my bumper. I went to the Police station and gave my statement and they provided me a Police report. July 10, I brough it to Hyundai Las Pinas for repair. After a week i found out that they haven't repair yet my car since they are still waiting for the insurance LOA or green signal. So I started chassing the Insurance, they said they gave it to cares adjuster to handle the case. Almost a month after the adjuster started the invistigation, to cut the story short there are some lapses on the invistigation but in the end. We were able to provide a certificate from the establishment stating that I had the incident in the information provided at the Police Report.

Until now, I haven't heard anything from Prudential Guarantee Ortigas, they said they decline it previously but now they said that my case was at the main office.

So, is it possible for them to decline my claim ? I have a comprehensive insurance even with AOG on it.

Can anybody suggest me whats the best thing to do?

Thanks

Sensya na po medyo napa haba..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    some insurance doesnt even need a police report.. affidavit lang.... yung LOA kayang i produce in 48 hours yan.. some even faster.. follow up nyo lang nang follow up.. tsaka wag nyo muna ipapasok yung sasakyan sa casa kung wala pang LOA hindi talaga nila uumpisahan yan..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Nasaan ang Servicing Agent po ninyo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung bumper lang ang sira and very minor lang, shoulder mo nalang ang cost. Ipa-cancel mo na yung insurance and i-refund yung premium mo, then transfer to another insurance co.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kung bumper lang ang sira and very minor lang, shoulder mo nalang ang cost. Ipa-cancel mo na yung insurance and i-refund yung premium mo, then transfer to another insurance co.
    Agree. Baka nga mas mahal pa yung participation mo tulad nung nangyari sa akin

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Agree. Baka nga mas mahal pa yung participation mo tulad nung nangyari sa akin
    3 years old and below vehicles should have zero deductible.
    and 3000 Php participation for his Tucson.
    Last edited by mark_t; October 5th, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just the fact that you have a police report and a quotation from the dealership means that they should have no reason to deny your claim. Heck, even if it's a self-accident, that's covered by the standard policy.

Personally... it's a classic case of delaying tactics. There's a time limit on how long an insurance company can drag out a claim, but that limit is in months, not weeks. If you feel they are doing this to you, simply threaten to cancel your insurance policy and ask for a refund on your premiums. Tell them you don't appreciate being given the run-around, since you're a paying customer and you've submitted your paperwork in a timely manner.

That should get them to move.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    3 years old and below vehicles should have zero deductible.
    and 3000 Php participation for his Tucson.
    12,780 PhP ang deductible ko sa Tucson. BPI/MS insurance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    12,780 PhP ang deductible ko sa Tucson. BPI/MS insurance.
    Let's bring it down to 3000.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Salamat sa lahat ng comments and suggestion. Unfortunately the damage at my car was 110k. Surprising since pinaka edge ng bumper ang tama. So damage ang bumper, fender and hood and headlight. Looks like a crazy jeep reck on my Tucson. Not to add how casa jack up the prize of my repair. They included the Inter-cooler and A/C condenser for replacement. Which when they knew that I will first pay for it, they said no need to replace since ok pa naman daw.

Today my car will be release sa Casa and they told me its a total of 110,000.00. Tsktsktsk i do not have any choice but to pay for it. And now iam still chasing the insurance to refund it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
PGAI declining my claim.. is this possible?