New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Really need your advice mga sirs ksi feeling ko mxdo na ako dehado sa service center and sa insurance company ko. Sometime last may of this year my sister was driving my car hit a construction barrier and the car went over the gutter, damage drive shaft and broken axle was one of the major damages aside from the minor damages (dents and scratches). i went abroad for two months and let my sister transact to the insurance company and service center on my behalf. When i was abroad my sister kept updating me about the progress and unfortunately two months have passed i went back from abroad and the repair haven't been started yet. I asked my sister of the reasons and it seems to me that both the insurance and the service center (Hyundai Global) was guilty of the delay. Here are some of the reasons:

Service center:
    1. When the car was brought in for repair the agent who handled my car went on AWOL, the car was stuck 2 months unnoticed at the center since no proper turnover was made to the one who is going to replace the AWOL agent. After the discovery that's the time they asked that we will be the one to contact with the insurance since my insurance is not under the said service center. Right and then we have complied all the requirements that that have asked for.

Insurance company:
    1. It took a couple of weeks or more for the insurance estimator to visit the center and another week for the LOA to be handed down. To add to my 3 months of waiting already this time my patience is running out since to think 3 months is more than enough for the repair thinking it wasn't my fault why it got delayed that long.

Service center:
    1. Since the LOA was given already i called the service center for the tentative date of completion of the repair. And i was told to hang on because some of the parts are not available in their plant and have to ship it from Korea. This time i don't want to be lenient on them and kept pestering them with telephone calls. As expected i was given with the usual answer that the shipment didn't arrive yet. And told me once they'll get it to they will give me call. This time its been 5 months of waiting already. They told me again that they are waiting for the mechanical parts. Kasi ikakabit daw muna para tumakbo ang kotse papapunta sa isang service center nila for the body paint (my point naman ksi is hndi ba nila pwedeng i-tow na lang at bakit kelangan pa na ung kotse mismo ang tumakbo para mailpiat nya ang sarili nya?which i think added to a very long delay na naman. Last week i called them again and a new agent entertained me telling me the previous agent resigned, though they told me that the reason why it reached up to 5 months because of the delay of the shipment, my best guess is that it was again not properly turned-over and natambakan na natambakan na naman ang papeles ko na hndi napapansin. the latest info they gave me is that relay na lng daw ang inaantay ksi hndi mag start ang kotse dhil kelangan ng relay replacement. Eh diba relay khit saan naman pude mabili yan at hndi ganun khirap mag procure nyan? When i asked them if by second week of January after the xmas break eh pude ko na mkuha ang kotse ko ang sbi naman nila they are not yet sure because ala daw pasok sa holiday season. You can't take it against me kung gusto ko sila murahin pero i still opted to remain professional instead. For the moment more than 6months na ang downtime ko. Plus the fact pa na 6 months na hndi tumatakbo ang kotse ko, hindi kaya sira na ang makina nun? tapos since ang parking area sa Hyundai Global is open, 6 months na rin na nakatambak ang kotse dun rain or shine khit may bagyo.

Kaya mga sirs im asking for your help if there is any other way to get any compensation for such delay. Actually hndi ko balak mag complain but as the months passed wala pa rin ako nakikitang progress.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kung may kaibigan kang lawyer kausapin mo na.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Another complain about after sales support ng Hyundai. To think dami na naman biktima with the recent promo. If i were you sir,sit down with the manager and voice out your concerns. Dont leave them without getting a very sound solution to your problem.
    Yun nga lang weeks ang itagal without solution,dapat worried ka na,what more if 6months pa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sana ikaw na lang naghanap ng towing company kung kailangang ilipat nga yung kotse mo sa lugar na pagpapagawaan nila. PERO, I really think that's another excuse their making.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pedring04 View Post
    Really need your advice mga sirs ksi feeling ko mxdo na ako dehado sa service center and sa insurance company ko. Sometime last may of this year my sister was driving my car hit a construction barrier and the car went over the gutter, damage drive shaft and broken axle was one of the major damages aside from the minor damages (dents and scratches). i went abroad for two months and let my sister transact to the insurance company and service center on my behalf. When i was abroad my sister kept updating me about the progress and unfortunately two months have passed i went back from abroad and the repair haven't been started yet. I asked my sister of the reasons and it seems to me that both the insurance and the service center (Hyundai Global) was guilty of the delay. Here are some of the reasons:

Service center:
    1. When the car was brought in for repair the agent who handled my car went on AWOL, the car was stuck 2 months unnoticed at the center since no proper turnover was made to the one who is going to replace the AWOL agent. After the discovery that's the time they asked that we will be the one to contact with the insurance since my insurance is not under the said service center. Right and then we have complied all the requirements that that have asked for.

Insurance company:
    1. It took a couple of weeks or more for the insurance estimator to visit the center and another week for the LOA to be handed down. To add to my 3 months of waiting already this time my patience is running out since to think 3 months is more than enough for the repair thinking it wasn't my fault why it got delayed that long.

Service center:
    1. Since the LOA was given already i called the service center for the tentative date of completion of the repair. And i was told to hang on because some of the parts are not available in their plant and have to ship it from Korea. This time i don't want to be lenient on them and kept pestering them with telephone calls. As expected i was given with the usual answer that the shipment didn't arrive yet. And told me once they'll get it to they will give me call. This time its been 5 months of waiting already. They told me again that they are waiting for the mechanical parts. Kasi ikakabit daw muna para tumakbo ang kotse papapunta sa isang service center nila for the body paint (my point naman ksi is hndi ba nila pwedeng i-tow na lang at bakit kelangan pa na ung kotse mismo ang tumakbo para mailpiat nya ang sarili nya?which i think added to a very long delay na naman. Last week i called them again and a new agent entertained me telling me the previous agent resigned, though they told me that the reason why it reached up to 5 months because of the delay of the shipment, my best guess is that it was again not properly turned-over and natambakan na natambakan na naman ang papeles ko na hndi napapansin. the latest info they gave me is that relay na lng daw ang inaantay ksi hndi mag start ang kotse dhil kelangan ng relay replacement. Eh diba relay khit saan naman pude mabili yan at hndi ganun khirap mag procure nyan? When i asked them if by second week of January after the xmas break eh pude ko na mkuha ang kotse ko ang sbi naman nila they are not yet sure because ala daw pasok sa holiday season. You can't take it against me kung gusto ko sila murahin pero i still opted to remain professional instead. For the moment more than 6months na ang downtime ko. Plus the fact pa na 6 months na hndi tumatakbo ang kotse ko, hindi kaya sira na ang makina nun? tapos since ang parking area sa Hyundai Global is open, 6 months na rin na nakatambak ang kotse dun rain or shine khit may bagyo.

Kaya mga sirs im asking for your help if there is any other way to get any compensation for such delay. Actually hndi ko balak mag complain but as the months passed wala pa rin ako nakikitang progress.

hi po

anong unit po ba ito?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    On hyundai service our experience was almost 1 year for a warranty claim on electric side mirrors.
    How do they not notice your car in their garage? They are lying to you, your car salesman don't know **** about repair service
    and are being fired every 3 months if they do not make the cut and everything is being inputted to a computer to track productivity.
    A car do not just get unnoticed in a garage, gaano ba kalaki ang garahe nila?

The truth most likely is they are greedy, holding on to your car when they do not have the parts to repair it.
    Had you been informed on what parts are needed,
    you probably have found it or found a facility that stocks those parts with only your fingers doing the walking..

Who is your insurer?

In insurance claims hyundai global would only withhold the repair estimate hindi na gagalaw ang claim.
    Na kidnap na tsikot mo.

Kilala mo ba servicing agent ng insurance policy mo?

I suggest ilipat mo na yan repair sa iba. Ipa hold mo na LOA. Puede mo naman ipa flat bed sa towing co.
    para ilipat.

Kung ako ang gagawin ko ipapa repair ko na sa iba yan. Dami naman 5 stars na facility dyan, i mention mo
    lang na approve na LOA nito, Ipapalipat na lang sa pangalan nyo.

Yan mga CASA ipina pa sub contract din nila sa iba ang repair. Kahit ipa gawa mo pa yan sa mga independent
    bmw repair shop gagawing nila yan basta approve ang LOA.
    Last edited by mark_t; December 28th, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    thanks sa lahat ng reply nyo guys, just called Hyundai Global again, nung tinawagan ko sa cellphone ang agent ang bilis sumagot tapos nung nakilala na ako na ung nangngulit eh same alibi ang binigay sa akin kesyo tatanungin na lng daw ulit ung technician return call daw sila after 30mins. Lumipas ang dalawang oras walang tumawag, nung tatawagan ko na sa dalawang contact nos. na binigay nila sa akin ayaw na sumagot, kung hndi out of coverage area eh ring lng ng ring. Tapos nag text at sabi hndi pa ma rerelease sabi ng technician nila ksi may nakita daw panibagong sira sa muffler, pag inaapakan daw ang gas eh maingay daw ang muffles. So they filed another claim. When i texted them asking for the details natapos na lng ang araw wala akong natanggap na reply. I called the insurance hoping to talk to the estimator. At ang estimator pa ang nag bigay ng details ng bagong sira sa akin. According to the estimator the management of the insurance company is having second thoughts of approving the new muffler claim since the accident was a frontal collision which is very far from the muffler and Hyundai Global cannot justify the damage in the muffler. Kung titingnan mo reasonable naman tlaga ang rason ng insurance dahil pano nadamay ang muffler samantalang harap ung nabangga and its not even a major damage. Bakit ngayon lng nila nakita eh 7months and counting na ung kotse nasa kanila eh dapat plang nakita na nila yan since SOP naman nila na pag dinadala ang kotse sa kanila eh they are doing a thorough assessment for any hidden damages. Ang nakakainis pa pag hinahanap ko ang service manager para kausapin over the phone eh kesyo may kausap or wala sa office. Kaya lesson learned guys pra sa mga Hyundai owners think several times of bringin your car in Hyundai Global if you are going to read all comments relating to Hyundai Service Center, Hyundai Global has consistently garnered worst comments from after users.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Repair parts shipped from overseas take forever. I've experienced this with several makes and models, already.

Why would a "greedy" dealership want your car parked for months in their garage? That's space they could use for paying customers having their PMS.

The real bad thing, for me there is that your SA went AWOL without proper turnover and no one thought to advise or take care of you. And that no one seems to have done a thorough evaluation (BTW, easy to justify exhaust... if the engine moved, that would hurt the exhaust). Request from insurance whether you can pullout and go to another dealer or an outside shop, but get a list of the needed parts first so you can find out shipping times from other sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Repair parts shipped from overseas take forever. I've experienced this with several makes and models, already.

Why would a "greedy" dealership want your car parked for months in their garage? That's space they could use for paying customers having their PMS.

The real bad thing, for me there is that your SA went AWOL without proper turnover and no one thought to advise or take care of you. And that no one seems to have done a thorough evaluation (BTW, easy to justify exhaust... if the engine moved, that would hurt the exhaust). Request from insurance whether you can pullout and go to another dealer or an outside shop, but get a list of the needed parts first so you can find out shipping times from other sources.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

guys need your expert's comments on this