New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    How much do you guys value car insurance? And san kayo kumuha?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Following this thread. Pero bet namin yung Malayan. Okay at mabilis daw ang proseso dun.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    newbie here,

may taga mapfre po ba dito or nagkaroon na ng transaction sa mapfre?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    1st post. yes mapfre customer here for over 10 years. never had a problem with them 👍

5. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by litocamayo91 View Post
    1st post. yes mapfre customer here for over 10 years. never had a problem with them 👍
    hi po.

verify ko lang may chances na po ba na nabangga ka then yung nakabangga sayo ay siningil nila ng cost ng repair? am not familiar with insurances i dont have one kasi.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Need some legal advice related to car insurances

So here are some pictures of the accident's. My friend is driving the L300 and had a minor accident with the KIA car as shown in the pic, based on the police reports they are at fault. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Now it's been 2 months since both our insurance are processing this issue. First our L300 is insured in FPG, and we are insured only for the amount of 200K.

And there's one alarming thing we noticed. They seem to be overpricing those Headlights as shown on the KIA.

Here's the total estimate that was given to us by the owner of the KIA. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The first estimate was only shown to be 37K . The revised one blew up to 340K.

Another shop where they got another estimate. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The only thing that's funny with this Street Smart is that they also did overprice this headlights.

If we bought these parts outside of insurance I truly believe we won't even go over 50K or less because I've also checked their accessories prices and those OEM headlights.

Our problem is , since we are only maxed out to 200K and the total estimate repair is 340K we will need to shoulder that 140K and we're trying not to make that happen.

It also seems like FPG insurance is trying to add the total cost of the repair to get their money back for all these repairs that's going to cost them.

What are your thoughts?, would love to have an advice with some people who work or had any insurance experiences with their cars.

Our other solution is to have the repair done by us instead of trying to get it into an insurance.

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pag sila yung mali... bakit ikaw/insurance ninyo yung pinapabayad ng pagpapaayos?

Doesn't make sense.

Unless I understand your story wrong... sino yung 'THEY' sa 'they are at fault'? Yung L300 o yung kia?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Pag sila yung mali... bakit ikaw/insurance ninyo yung pinapabayad ng pagpapaayos?

Doesn't make sense.

Unless I understand your story wrong... sino yung 'THEY' sa 'they are at fault'? Yung L300 o yung kia?
    Sorry yes the L300 is at fault as per police report, so sila ung dapat mag bayad.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    In that case, some comments.

Looks like you are getting ripped off.

1. They are charging you for a PAIR of headlights AND a PAIR of foglamps. Looks like isa lang yung nasira. Why are they doing this? You can buy headlight and foglight assemblies per piece. They don't come in pairs.
    2. They included something like 'Stage 3 HID Retrofits'. This is an aftermarket modification. Hard to price this, they could be pulling the number out of their ass for all you know. Also, they are quoting you for a PAIR din for both headlights and foglamps. Someone's up to no good.
    -- ito palang, the price should drop drastically
    -- some unsolicited advice below.
    3. Get your own estimate.
    4. Don't cheap out, get higher coverage for your cars...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Happened tp my driver too, backed up to a starex and damaged 2 panels. The owner submitted a quote of 14k for the damage from hyundai shaw. I got a quote from hyundai pasig at 7k and showed it to the owner. So i just paid 7k.

Talk to the other party and tell them that the quotation is outrageous. Tell them youll get a quotation from another casa and talk nicely to the service advisor so he can give an honest estimate.
    Ask the owner too where they had their HL retrofitted so youll know how much it really costs. Absurd na 50k ang retrofit ng HL, moreso for just 1 piece.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast