New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hey guys!

My 2-month old car got hit. Dent (big) and scratches (bigger) on and around the rear door. I already brought the car in the service center for the fix. I am not really sure of the exact digits, but it's a 5-figure bill of estimates for the repair of the damages. The insurance has approved it and I'm wondering how much should I prepare in my pocket when I got to get my car. How much do you think is my participation fee? By the way, the estimate is around 34K. (biggest damage)!

Thanks for your thoughts in advance...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Most participation fees are flat or fixed. I would first ask your insurance company first before asking the Tsikoteers here. Participation fees vary on your agreement with your insurance company. For example, if I get hit my participation fee is at a fixed 2,000php but I pay a higher insurance premium annually than most. On the otherhand, I believe fellow Hyundai owner Starex_Gold has a low insurance premium annually but pays somewhere around 8,000+php as his participation.

34k isn't bad at all. Largest I had was 60k upwards for a new door

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    More often than not 3,500php ang participation fee. Fixed.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    wow thanks!

BPI/IM is my insurer. In my case with that figure, the door is going to be replaced too. HEHE.. It was a nasty hit.

I'm glad if they nailed it around Php 3000! Thanks! I don't exactly know how they arrive at that cost but, I don't mind a detailed computation either, but I just need estimates, I might not bring enough money and will walk home unclaimed my car. very helpful!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Depends on the car din Renz then again, hopefully this is not one of those once-in-a-blue-moon Porsche or Ferrari that got into an accident right? haha..

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    It's only a civic (1.8 2011) sir, not those P or F. hehe.. I'm quite anxious now, having to wait for the days until they have it all fixed and advice me it's pick-up time! How long was your car in the repairs for that new door? (parts have arrived, a relief!)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Can't quite remember. Less than a week if memory serves right. Yun matagal was the new door since I had to import one all the way from Korea.

As for a rough estimate on your insurance premium, I think this would be helpful:

H. BPI-MS:
    Coverage:
    Own Damage/Theft: P880,000.00
    Bodily Injury: P300,000.00
    Property Damage: P300,000.00
    Passenger Personal Liability: P250,000.00 (5 passengers incl driver *50K each)
    Convulsion of Nature: P880,000.00

Premium: P25,788.46 (with aog)
    Deductible/participation fee: P4,400.00

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/car-insuran...#ixzz1d732m6kr

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Heaps of help indeed. Thanks sir!

I will drive soon. The greatest loss that i lose is my confidence - to be behind the wheel again.

thank you thank you!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    check your policy.. nakalagay don magkano ang deductible..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sana mas cheaper than 4,400 ! Masakit pa rin sa bulsa yan. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw may kasalanan nung collision, at ikaw pa magbabayad. Hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help: estimate for the deductible...