New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ok, here's the thing, I've made a reservation last Dec 1 and paid the downpayment few weeks after since I was promised a unit in 3rd week Dec. (I know, blame me, mistakes were made haha)

Now, I want to back out and refund the DP I made (manager's check) since I've been waiting for more than a month already and still no update from my SA. (screw Suzuki)

This is via BPI auto loan, if that matters.

Anyone with similar experience? Wondering if I would still get 100% and if it will take time, since I'll use the same money to get from another brand.

Still waiting for my SA for a reply regarding sa refund, syempre medyo mailap.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Ok, here's the thing, I've made a reservation last Dec 1 and paid the downpayment few weeks after since I was promised a unit in 3rd week Dec. (I know, blame me, mistakes were made haha)

Now, I want to back out and refund the DP I made (manager's check) since I've been waiting for more than a month already and still no update from my SA. (screw Suzuki)

This is via BPI auto loan, if that matters.

Anyone with similar experience? Wondering if I would still get 100% and if it will take time, since I'll use the same money to get from another brand.

Still waiting for my SA for a reply regarding sa refund, syempre medyo mailap.
    you can demand or request refund, for "failure to deliver".
    but you will probably wait several weeks, for the cheque.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I placed a reservation on a Honda CR-V gas variant last Oct 3 and decided to ask for a refund on Nov 22 because they can't produce any unit.

SA from Honda Cars Kalookan said it takes 2 to 3 weeks to process and by Dec 15, I asked for an update. Lo and behold, the SA said the cheque is not yet ready. And worse, she sent a follow-up text claiming that I asked to hold my reservation, which was utter BS since already paid for a Subaru Forester on Nov 28. It was pretty obvious that she did not process my refund request the first time and when I called her she said that she'll just prioritize it. Almost a month later after the so called prioritization, I'm still waiting for my damn refund.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    I placed a reservation on a Honda CR-V gas variant last Oct 3 and decided to ask for a refund on Nov 22 because they can't produce any unit.

SA from Honda Cars Kalookan said it takes 2 to 3 weeks to process and by Dec 15 I asked for an update. Lo and behold, the SA said the cheque is not yet ready. And worse, she sent a follow-up text claiming that I asked to hold my reservation, which was utter BS since already paid for a Subaru Forester by Nov 28. It was pretty obvious that she did not process my refund request the first time and when I called her she said that she'll just prioritize it. Almost a month later after the so called prioritization, I'm still waiting for my damn refund.
    "don't wait for the refund."
    it will arrive, eventually.

they're probably happy over your decision to pull out. they can sell the car destined for you, at list price + excise tax, without having to pass on the latter, to the government.
    heh heh.
    evil evil...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

SA from Honda Cars Kalookan said it takes 2 to 3 weeks to process and by Dec 15, I asked for an update. Lo and behold, the SA said the cheque is not yet ready. And worse, she sent a follow-up text claiming that I asked to hold my reservation, which was utter BS since already paid for a Subaru Forester on Nov 28. It was pretty obvious that she did not process my refund request the first time and when I called her she said that she'll just prioritize it. Almost a month later after the so called prioritization, I'm still waiting for my damn refund.
    words vs a signed letter

latter will win courts of battle

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    words vs a signed letter

latter will win courts of battle

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Yeah, my mistake was that I just emailed the cancellation letter to her instead of personally submitting it to the dealer.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yeah, my mistake was that I just emailed the cancellation letter to her instead of personally submitting it to the dealer.
    well, you can (and should) make a formal "re-iteration of my previous e-mail" letter, addressed to the boss, stating that "i am pulling out because you can't seem to deliver as agreed upon, and i wish for a full refund".

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Call their customer relations or go directly there. If you can bring out your frustration to the max. Less than 30 mins. They'll give your refund Downpayment, can be refunded? No stocks

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    NOT WITH MITSUBISHI PEAK ABAD SANTOS in another thread, I detailed how my SA employed that same racket. When I elevated the issue to my SA's boss, she claimed she does not know about it. When I showed her her name on the offer sheet, she exclaimed, did I sign that?

I elevated to Peak's GM, a certain Boso Alvarez, who was too busy to see me or to even return my 11 calls for 3 straight days.

My DP is still being kept by Peak Abad Santos, since March 2018. 😡