New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Guys, from some threads in this and other forums, I've noticed that a lot of people say that the gas from the big three are a bit dirty cause they are all locally refined and that the small players like seaoil, usa888, etc. are much cleaner because they are imported.

Has anyone verified this? The immediate benefit I see to swithching to the smaller brands is one, cost. Two, cleaner fuel means less gunk in the cylinders, valves, spark plugs, fuel lines, filter, etc. And third, cleaner emmissions.

If anyone knows of a site where I can read up, or if anyone knows any info / insights about this, let me know.

One sure way to check the quality of the gas is to check which station has the most jeepneys getting their tanks filled up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most of the independent gas dealers (seaoil, PTT, Flying V) get their refined products from COASTAL (depot in Subic) which in turn import it from Singapore.

thus far, no one has scientifically proven and published findings between the independent dealers versus the big 3.

i can tell you though from my experience that the diesel fuel of seaoil is much cleaner than the big 3. since two months ago, I switched to seaoil diesel and blended it with Senbel biodiesel (up to 10% blend). so far, emission and engine performance is excellent.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba ang jeepney ay pumipila sa CHEAPEST? Wala naman pakialam sa makina ang mga drayber nun. Basta umaandar at pwede ipasada.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, from some threads in this and other forums, I've noticed that a lot of people say that the gas from the big three are a bit dirty cause they are all locally refined and that the small players like seaoil, usa888, etc. are much cleaner because they are imported.

This is your typical Pinoy colonial mentality that anything imported is better than what was locally manufactured / processed / etc.

IMO fuel quality should be checked on a per location basis as there are also other factors determining fuel quality like transportation methods used. If you think of it, imported fuel undergoes more handling than locally processed fuel so that will increase the risk of it being contaminated.

One sure way to check the quality of the gas is to check which station has the most jeepneys getting their tanks filled up.

What is the basis for this? As OTEP said, Jeepney drivers don't give a **** on the quality of fuel as long as their engines are running and it is the cheapest fuel that they can find.

One sure way to avoid dirty fuel is to stay away from gasoline stations that are prone to flooding.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do we know any info about fuels coming from singapore? diba malinis sa singapore? baka malinis din fuel nila... :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there was this article sa Inquirer wherein meron daw mga maliit na "gas stations" were they sell very cheap(but also very dirty) diesel...i don't think they even have pumps for that..ala tabo/balde ung pagkuha sa malalaking drum. ewan ko na kung ano nangyari dun

a friend mentioned to me that basta diesel engine e within 2-3 years tiyak magkakaproblema ung makina...any truth to this? Me kinalaman kaya to sa fuel quality?

A friend of mine (who works in one of the big 3 companies) once mentioned to me that the small players actually get their fuel from them din. Dunno how much truth there is to it, since he did mention it over a bottle of beer. =)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Colonial Mentality? Not really. It could just be possible that refining elsewhere is better than local refining. Parang Davao suha is better than from other places. Ever think about that?

PUJ pila=cheap gas. True. Forget that line. I was trying to make a point about something.

Which brings me back to the previous question. Which maker produces the cleanest fuels?

My brother's experience: His plugs foul up with one of the big three's fuel, but not with the others (95 octane lahat).

Any other inputs out there?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ako, mas maganda takbo ng oto ko sa unleaded ng shell kesa sa caltex and petron. mas pino.

have you heard of LANGAS? they use bunker oil and water to produce diesel and gasoline fuel sa compound ng DOST sa Taguig, they supply some fuel to Flying V and Seaoil...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Fuel Quality