New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    1)mas matipid sa gaso pag laging full tank, me kinalaman daw sa pressure sa loob ng tanke kaya mas matipid.

2)mas matipid sa gaso pag quarter-tank to half-tank full, the less weight the car carries.

ano ba talaga?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    It is true...but it is so minimal or insignificant. I can do some calculations for you if you want.

There are so many more ways of saving gasoline which have more significant effects, e.g. switching A/C, proper tire inflation, proper speed, smooth starting and stopping.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best way to save gasoline....

...stop using it and start using LPG.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sst! Off-topic!

Consider this.

Your car weighs anywhere between 900 kilograms (small cars and old cars, like the "itlog" Lancer or LEC Sentra) to 1300 kilograms. Add maybe 10 kilograms of oil and water to that. If it's a big car, like an Accord, it'll weigh between 1400-1600 kilograms.

If it's a truck, it's likely 1700 kgs to 2000+++.

You personally weigh some 70 kilograms. Well, that depends... I weigh about 90 kgs... yes, I'm fat.

Now... add the Fuel. Fuel weighs approximately 0.8 kgs to 1.1 kgs a liter. For simplicity's sake... let's put that at 1 kg per liter.

So, a full tank on a car, approximately 55 liters, is about 55 kilograms. Half-a-tank is about 27.5 kgs. A quarter tank is 13.75 kgs.

The difference between a quarter tank and a full tank is 41.25 kgs.

Now, given your average 1.6 liter car and driver, with oil, will weigh about 1250 kilograms, that's a 3.3% difference in weight. While that matters in stop-and-go driving, and you can definitely feel the difference on the race-track, that small of a difference is miniscule in terms of fuel economy. Just pumping your tires harder or tuning up your car can make a bigger difference.

And if you save anything by carrying less gas, it will be offset by the extra amount of fuel you burn to take that detour to the gas station, idling in line, then turning off the car and restarting it every time you go to the pumps.

Personally, when I can afford it, I get a full tank. Keeping a good amount of fuel in the tank prevents water condensation from forming inside the tank and polluting the fuel. But if I can't afford it, I buy just 300-500 pesos of fuel. I don't notice a significant difference between either method, except I'm stopping more when I'm being cheap, and using more money buying snacks from the gas station.
    Last edited by niky; September 18th, 2007 at 04:49 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    proper driving affects gas consumption significantly,and also your speed, like for example driving in just 80kph saves you about 30% of fuel than 120kph more or less. doesnt matter how much you have in your tank, that just my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think mas makakatipid ka kung sa pinaka murang gas station ka bibili ng gas na along your way. Pero para di abala sa akin, hanggang kaya, full tank ang binibili ko. Currently nasa 38.80 per liter ang unleaded dito sa shaw. nasa 40+ karamihan ng gasolinahan.

Usually less than 1/4 ako kumakarga except kung week end ako mauubusan. pag nagkaganoon, fri ako kakarga.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    ah ok salamat.. your comments made sense.. in my situation pinapafull tank ko once a week ang auto (di ko nauubos yun within one week), pero im having it refilled back to full tank weekly para na din mabombahan ang gulong

mejo ot:
    kung sino man nagwowork sa eastwood, nung tinanggal yung mga u-turns dun lumakas ang gas consumption ko since sa IPI pa ko nakaka pag u turn coming from katipunan, then pag u turn mo traffic.. hay!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ang tigas naman kasi ng ulo ng MMDA dun... they should just reopen the intersection instead of insisting on keeping Eastwood U-turn country. Put legal U-turns at that intersection and leave it at that.

At first kasi, they had too many u-turns... sobrang traffic... sobrang dangerous, people swerving this way and that.

Now, it's too few. It's good for the guys going straight through (like me) but the nearest U-turn is now too far away if you're just crossing the street.

Re-open the damn intersection... so pedestrians have a safe place to cross, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lnce420 View Post
    mejo ot:

kung sino man nagwowork sa eastwood, nung tinanggal yung mga u-turns dun lumakas ang gas consumption ko since sa IPI pa ko nakaka pag u turn coming from katipunan, then pag u turn mo traffic.. hay!

But the end result is better vehicular flow for the majority of cars. I think the decision to remove the U-turns is justified.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    *ghost hunter upto some extent oo nabawasan yung traffic going to makati per nagbuild up naman sa kabilang side since nagbabottle neck dun sa U-turn kasi nga iisa lang, so tama si niky yung mga tatawid lang kailangan pumunta sa dulo ng libis to take a turn then magiipon ipon dun kasama nung vehicles coming from ortigas,rosario,pasig then pagdating sa me baba ng flyover dadagdag yung galing sa makati .. siguro much better kung atleast meron pang isang u-turn slot sa gitna para di magbottle neck sa dulo..

*niky youre right sir dati napakadami kaya nagcacause ng traffic, and whats worst e pinaganda nila yung napakadaming u turn slots na yun tas isasara din nila heheh sayang pera ng taxpayers..

uggh ot na.. pero eto pa ginagawa ko to save fuel consumption
    i keep my air filter clean and oil clean, tas i make sure na ok ang sunog ng spark plugs (papalitan pag kelangan na palitan) everytime nagpapachange oil ako at 5T km

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
mas matipid sa gaso...