New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    i'm in the market for a compact hatch 1st quarter next year. new suzuki swift and ford fiesta sport ang pinag-pipilian ko. what are the safety features do these two offer? bigger interior space particularly the headroom.w/c has more fun factor even on a/t variant? importante din to us w/c car can fit a stroller at the back.

honestly, i'm leaning more towards sa fiesta sport pero my wife finds the new swift more appealing to her especially the white one we saw two nights ago. planning to keep the car for 2-3 years.

this week i'll go to suzuki pasig and fords libis and request for a test drive that may take a while (weeks, months, perhaps???).

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Baka makukulangan ka sa space sa Fiesta and Swift. How much is the budget? If you want a good performing and spacious hatch, get the Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I agree with GTi. If you plan to load stuff on your Car and value Head room the best choice for you is a Honda Jazz.

The Swift has a very small trunk, I doubt u can fit your stroller there. The Fiesta is a good choice but noting that you'd like something that has a big luggage area as well as head room, the fiesta fails here. The Fiesta looks good and sporty thus they made the height low in order for it to look more closer to the ground which will compromise your head room and its trunk for the hatch variant might not be enough. The Sedan variant will be able to answer that stroller problem.

But if you really want a hatch and with the stuff you pointed out. Jazz is your Car. The ULT seats, Space for both legroom & headroom wont make you feel so cramped up in a small car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zeepey View Post
    i'm in the market for a compact hatch 1st quarter next year. new suzuki swift and ford fiesta sport ang pinag-pipilian ko. what are the safety features do these two offer? bigger interior space particularly the headroom.w/c has more fun factor even on a/t variant? importante din to us w/c car can fit a stroller at the back.

honestly, i'm leaning more towards sa fiesta sport pero my wife finds the new swift more appealing to her especially the white one we saw two nights ago. planning to keep the car for 2-3 years.

this week i'll go to suzuki pasig and fords libis and request for a test drive that may take a while (weeks, months, perhaps???).

TIA!
    Both the Fiesta and new Swift could fit a stroller in the back but you'l probably have to fold one or both rear seats down to make it fit properly. The new Swift is a touch bigger than the old Swift and you can feel it in the back seats, offering more legroom than previous.

I would be tempted to say the Swift is fun to drive but you have to consider Suzuki's legendary bad service and even worst customer satisfaction. Even if a recent survey says Suzuki is much improved, they have a long long way to make it halfway decent.

BTW, you might want to check out the regular Fiesta because the sport model seems to ride more stiffer which takes away some of the riding comfort for your passengers.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks for the reply. actually, the stroller thing is just a bonus since i'll still have my impreza and frontier pero the impreza guzzles gas so baka ibenta ko na next year and yung pickup grabe tagtag. The jazz GE is a great choice but i had that when it 1st came out then sold it after a year to buy the impreza but that was when premium gas nasa mid to high P30's lang. The frontier is expensive to run also i barely get 7 km/l since it's a 4x4 matic aside from it's poor ride guality and cramped rear leg room but what do i expect with a pickup truck diba . I might go with the fiesta S nalang nga siguro white or black. I like the focus' hatch TOTL rims, will that fit sa fiesta? 4 holes ba yun with same pcd? GH, you're right regarding suzuki. I had two vitaras before '98 and '05. Terrible service and parts are expensive not to mention the 90's vibe whenever you enter their showrooms today. Thanks guys! Now i'm excited! Too bad i have to contain it for 2-3 months hehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Swift and the Fiesta are both more refined and steadier over the road than the Jazz... but you can't beat the space-utilization of the Jazz.

The Swift feels like it's better on legroom and rear headroom, but the Fiesta is hands-down much better in terms of cargo space than the Swift, and is second only to the Jazz in this regard amongst small hatches.

I would not get the Fiesta Sport... I think the better long-term buy would be the Fiesta 1.4 MT hatchback. Just as quick, more fun to drive, softer suspension. The Sport comes with different springs from the rest of the line-up. The ride is okay by me, but that's in comparison to my Lynx, which rides on aftermarket shocks and lowering springs... your wife's opinions may differ.

We have a review up of the Swift here:

Short Drive: 2011 Suzuki Swift 1.4 AT - Official bigbigcar.com vehicle reviews and feature - The bigbigcar.com Forums

A review of the Fiesta here:

Review: 2011 Ford Fiesta Sport Powershift - Official bigbigcar.com vehicle reviews and feature - The bigbigcar.com Forums

And a review of the Jazz here:

Review: Honda Jazz 1.3 5AT - The Honeymooners (Part 1) - Official bigbigcar.com vehicle reviews and feature - The bigbigcar.com Forums

Hope this helps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    my wife and i agreed to get a compact suv. Probably replace my '09 escape when the all-new escape comes out or wait for the cx-5 if rumors are true. Lot's of new models to wait for next year.

Comparo of hatches...