New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Honda CVT no longer uses a dry starter clutch. It uses a traditional torque converter, which may or may not be as reliable/problematic as the regular torque converter automatic as in the Yaris.

*Note: All torque converter automatics still use clutch packs, but most of them last a lot longer than the starter clutch in the old Honda CVTs.
    hi sir Niky,
    So safe to say that the new 2014 City is now reliable?
    Last edited by harold13; October 1st, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    hi sir Niky,
    So safe to say that the new City is reliable now?
    My opinion is old or new City, they are all reliable naman. Sure there were some CVT issues but di naman lahat nag-encounter ng problems. I had one CVT for years and it didn't give me any headaches.

BTT: Again if you are comparing Yaris and City, hands down winner ang City. Mas bang to the buck sya eh. Maybe this would be a factor. The City, you need to bring in for service every 10K / 6 months. Ang Yaris, every 5K / 3 months.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ive been choosing between these 2 cars for daily drive.
    I didnt include jazz because it's too bagets for my age. hehehe.

do we have to worry about the cvt of Honda? and i believe that Yaris came from a very reliable engine platform.I own a vios before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    My opinion is old or new City, they are all reliable naman. Sure there were some CVT issues but di naman lahat nag-encounter ng problems. I had one CVT for years and it didn't give me any headaches.

BTT: Again if you are comparing Yaris and City, hands down winner ang City. Mas bang to the buck sya eh. Maybe this would be a factor. The City, you need to bring in for service every 10K / 6 months. Ang Yaris, every 5K / 3 months.

hi is Mguy and Niky one person lang? hehe sorry na confuse ako.

so for Honda top up top up lang using fully synthetic?

to be honest, i don't after the toys inside a car.
    I prefer that a car that needed no major repair due to common issue like engine, transmission etc.
    May history kasi CVT ng honda kaya im skeptic with the new model..

ive visited HCCP and also read issues regarding gear box and costs around 62K in casa, mga 3-4 members ko nabasa na nag complain reg. gear box. buti nalang yung iba nakahabol ng warranty.
    Last edited by harold13; October 1st, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi is Mguy and Niky one person lang? hehe sorry na confuse ako.
    Proxy lang ako ni Niky. Nobody can match Niky's technical expertise dito.

so for Honda top up top up lang using fully synthetic?
    Yes, they do.

May history kasi CVT ng honda kaya im skeptic with the new model..
    I don't blame you and its right that you are doing the proper research. However, there are thousands of City running around the metro and surely enough, a minute percentage would encounter such problems. And if perchance, you are lucky to fall in that percentage, you now have the Lemon Law (RA 10642) to help you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sprry double post.
    Last edited by harold13; October 1st, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I don't blame you and its right that you are doing the proper research. However, there are thousands of City running around the metro and surely enough, a minute percentage would encounter such problems. And if perchance, you are lucky to fall in that percentage, you now have the Lemon Law (RA 10642) to help you.
    yan ang iniiwasan ko, the hassle. hehehe. kaya as early as now, i want to choose a less problematic vehicle brand.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hello Guys, plan ko din po kasi bumili ng first bnew car ko then nakita ko tong post na to.

How about Toyota Yaris 1.3 MT (720K) and Honda City 1.5 MT (756K)?

Sa tingin ano mas okay? Mas feel ko manual, maaga naman pasok ko kaya di ko inaabutan ang rush hour. Makati - Dasma Cavite ang travel ko palage. Gusto ko yung HB kaso iniisip ko 36K lang ang difference nila, add lang ako may 1.5engine na ko. Ask ko lang sana expert advise nyo sa dalwang Car na yan in terms of FC, Resale Value, etc. Sana matulungan nyo ko magdecide. TIA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ for such a small difference, I'd go with the car with a more powerful engine.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I love my pearl white Sitti!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by willshare80 View Post
    I love my pearl white Sitti!
    IIRC no "pearl" white released for the City. (GM6)

Maybe taffeta white?

Yaris or City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast