New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    I currently own a RAV4-SV MT (7 years old, this month), which I was able to buy through the help of the folks here in Tsikot. I love it and have no regrets buying it over the competing CRV and Escape and X-Trail models at the time. I chose it because it was sporty and it had orange-lighted dashboard

But it's old and so I want a new car. My budget, however is limited to 1.4M or less. So, my choices are:

Tucson R eVGT 2.0L GL 4WD AT-Php 1.338M
    Santa Fe 2.4 2WD Petrol - FL AT (Low Specs) -Php 1.368M
    CRV 2.0 li 2WD AT - Php 1.325M
    Forester 2.0 X - Php 1.378M
    Genesis Coupe 2.0 Turbo (Entry) - Php 1.398

The car will be used for 80-85% city driving. And I'm not a fast driver. Space is not a concern (i.e. I'm not a "school bus" and don't ferry people around). It would be nice if the car isn't a guzzler as I get pretty good mileage from my RAV4 now (about 9km/l). There are nearby car dealers for all of the above, except the Subaru. I'd prefer AT over MT, but the Genesis Coupe looks great so I may be able to overlook that

I know that the CRV's design is old. I'm not aware if the current Sta. Fe is already the new model or is merely a facelifted version.

Actually, I'm sorely tempted to get the Php 1.158M model of the Tucson to save 200K and be done with this. I am not aware if the extra 200K for the diesel model is worth the price. I'm also aware that the CRV and the Santa Fe at the 1.3M range are base models. But it would be nice to get a higher-end vehicle for once, so I'm going through this process.

Thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    I currently own a RAV4-SV MT (7 years old, this month), which I was able to buy through the help of the folks here in Tsikot. I love it and have no regrets buying it over the competing CRV and Escape and X-Trail models at the time. I chose it because it was sporty and it had orange-lighted dashboard

But it's old and so I want a new car. My budget, however is limited to 1.4M or less. So, my choices are:

The car will be used for 80-85% city driving. And I'm not a fast driver. Space is not a concern (i.e. I'm not a "school bus" and don't ferry people around). It would be nice if the car isn't a guzzler as I get pretty good mileage from my RAV4 now (about 9km/l). There are nearby car dealers for all of the above, except the Subaru. I'd prefer AT over MT, but the Genesis Coupe looks great so I may be able to overlook that

I know that the CRV's design is old. I'm not aware if the current Sta. Fe is already the new model or is merely a facelifted version.

Actually, I'm sorely tempted to get the Php 1.158M model of the Tucson to save 200K and be done with this. I am not aware if the extra 200K for the diesel model is worth the price. I'm also aware that the CRV and the Santa Fe at the 1.3M range are base models. But it would be nice to get a higher-end vehicle for once, so I'm going through this process.

Thoughts?
    Tucson R eVGT 2.0L GL 4WD AT-Php 1.338M - this one is the best of the bunch you listed and fits all your requirements and needs. The disel is very thrifty (double digit city mileage if you have a light foot) and the 4WD is a bonus just in case. The look (well if it is in your list) then i assume that you are ok with it.

The ASX being my second close nomination. I suggest you try both before deciding. Good luck in your search.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post

Thoughts?
    For me I'd choose the Tucson eVGT CRDi. New and powerful engine. Yung ibang choices mo I think will be less fuel efficient than your RAV4 since yung Sta. Fe is Theta II dyan sa choices mo and not eVGT CRDi

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    since you dont go that fast scratch off the GC from your list.

my choice would go to the Tucson. Since you wont be ferrying a lot of people around ( 7pax. ) then you wont need the santa fe's extra 2 seats.

the CRV is a bit bumpy. hindi siya comfortable actually.

and since hindi naman forester XT yung subaru, wag na rin. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Cross out the Genesis Coupe if you'll be doing city driving only. If you get stuck in yesterday's 3 hour EDSA traffic jam, pilay ka na the next day besides, having a coupe is impractical in everyday city life.

I wouldn't consider a Forester if it's not turbocharged... hehe, so 2.5XT ito or nothing.

The CR-V is a potential pick. You get reliability Honda is known for and the interior is, by far, class-leading. Suspension is a bit firm, but that's about it. As it shares the same chassis from that of the Civic, expect Civic driving dynamics here with added heft thrown in. I actually liken the driving to that of a Accord.

Santa Fe's a bit of a waste without its famed diesel engine. So let's choose the next one..

Tucson eVGT should be your top pick. It has a ***y styling, lots of toys thrown in. Haven't test driven one so I can't comment with the driving experience itself. But engine is VERY capable. You can throw in Hyundai's rising popularity among the Filipino car buyers as a plus too

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    don't get the GC it's for guys only

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    don't get the GC it's for guys only

--------------

Tucson R-eVGT gets my vote. Kung hindi lang din diesel yung Santa Fe wag nalang.

City driving:

Highway driving: Pure hataw (130kph to 180kph)

Yung Forester, wag nalang kasi hindi naman XT.

CR-V, luma na. At hindi naman TOTL kaya di maganda.

Genesis Coupe, why?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If you can hold off a bit, it might be worth waiting for the new Kia Sportage. It's a stunner and should be a good drive. I own a Forester 2.0 and the outgoing Sportage, both of which are capable vehicles. But the great reviews on the new Sportage may make it worth the wait. Tucson is nice, but I think the design may be passe quite quickly - no offense to Tucson owners.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Get the Tucson R-eVGT. It's the best among all you mentioned.

Thanks for the tip guys. It looks like the diesel Tucson variant is the unanimous choice.

What about the gas-powered Tucson versus the diesel? Is the latter worth the 200K difference?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
1.3M-Tucson, Sta Fe, CRV, Forester?