New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I am planning to buy a 2nd hand Sentra (2001-2005) and I'm quite particular with FC.

I have been seeing some varied info as far as FC is concerned for the GX (from 6-9 km/l) for city driving. I know I can opt for MT for better FC, but need some help on which model/variant is best (given the same conditions/driving style).

I also am considering the 2001-2003 Honda Civic (VTi or LXi), would the civic be better in terms of FC?

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sorry mods pakidelete na lang po.. im moving to "car buying"...
    thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    used to own an exalta gs 1.6 a/t (2001). i averaged around 7.5-8.5 km/l. best city FC was around 9-9.5 km/l. sobrang slow eco driving na yun.

if you want to go sentra, i suggest you get a 1.5 m/t (DS variant). better power than the 1.3, mas efficient siya IMO kesa 1.3 because of the N16's weight. medyo mas mahirap lang ata maghanap nito.

however, i think the civic lxi (1.5) would give you better FC, especially kung manual, if FC is your main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by gerald_g View Post
    I am planning to buy a 2nd hand Sentra (2001-2005) and I'm quite particular with FC.

I have been seeing some varied info as far as FC is concerned for the GX (from 6-9 km/l) for city driving. I know I can opt for MT for better FC, but need some help on which model/variant is best (given the same conditions/driving style).

I also am considering the 2001-2003 Honda Civic (VTi or LXi), would the civic be better in terms of FC?

Salamat!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Choose the Sentra GX 1.3 A/T 2005 model. It's one of the cheapest a/t car out there, cheaper then vios or city.