New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys! stock to stock, which car will win on a drag race and on a race track( for ex. Monza)?
    random thought lang...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Evo or STi will win depending on the driver, race track or drag racing, genesis would be a second or two behind. but if same drivers on all cars to see which car will have the fastest time, evo will win over the STi since the handling of the evo is more sharper than the STi. anyway genesis shouldn't be compared against the STi and Evo, also the STi and Evo isn't a drag car, it'll be stupid to buy those 2 if you'll only use it on drag racing. the gc would be more ideal for a drag race since it's rear wheel drive, and the gc's performance is comparable to the wrx and mazdaspeed3.
    Last edited by foresterx; September 18th, 2010 at 12:27 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Most car reviews and magazines put the Evo X as a faster track car than the STI, with the prevalent notion that the STI has given up the all out performance war and has instead become a more liveable car.

The Genesis Coupe on the other hand is a notch lower than these two when it comes to performance. After all, it's more of a G37 competitor than an Evo/STI rival.

Nonetheless, locally, I'd get the 3.8 Genesis Coupe MT, because it's got so much presence and is a fun car, all while being much cheaper than the other 2. Though if I were to chose between the STI and Evo, though I like the Evo more, I'd buy the STI because the 1M price difference cannot, in any way, justify itself.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the price of an STi, you can have a 350+++ hp Genesis V6.

For the price of an Evo X, you can have a 400+ hp Genesis V6 with a full track suspension and a rollcage.

-

Seriously, though, stock-to-stock, the Evo X is the most hardcore of the three... but the Genesis is the biggest bang-for-the-buck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Impreza WRX STI vs Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 GLS 6MT vs Lancer Evo X GSR