85 47.49%
  • Altis 1.6

82 45.81%
  • Others

12 6.70%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Mga kapanalig.. im such a newbie on cars... Its my first time to purchase one and im havin a hard time choosing between a 1.6 variant of the Civic VTi and the Altis.. point by point I wanted to know their advantages in:

a) fuel efficiency
    b) cool features (exterior/interior)
    c) dependebility (maintenance and stuff)
    d) resale value
    e) power
    f) value for money

...or stuff you may deem important.. thanks and id really appreciate your help guys.. what do you think guys?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    .. i would also appreciate inputs as to the choice of drive you guys prefer.. Manual or Matic?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa tingin ko size... engine... built... pogi points.. resale...altis eh... hehehe... para saakin... parang a notch above all subcompacts po sya... layo kasi ng size difference eh... kung tama ako... masmalaki yata dimension nya sa corona

ok din yata.. lynx and lancer... linx may sunroof may 16s mags pa yata... and lancer.. may tv.. hehe.. loaded...

honda kasi parang over priced eh... na wala naman dagdag kung tama ako drum parin yata breaks nya sa likod... im not sure po ha... hehe...

but u also may wana check out rav4... mura na... lapit na sa price ng altis... even more pogi points than altis imo

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    away na naman to.....hehehe
    altis 1.6G ang ok kung matic ang paguusapan.... compare ko kasi yung 96 vti matic ko dun sa altis 1.6G ni esmi....mas swabe ang gear transfer unlike mine na jerky...alam mo na nag downshift ka.

pogi points....altis pa rin, mas gusto ng mga anak ko na doon sumakay dahil luwag daw at ganda ng body....

peace to all!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i go for the CIVIC, as for me mas tatagal ang porma ng civic kaysa altis, parang ang bigat ng kaha nya and looks like inverted bath tub. kung balak mo mag mods later then mas ok ang civic. BUT if you want longterm as for maintenance and parts, mas mura siguro altis later on. Ill go for CIVIC.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also like the 2003 lancer though especially the invecs, you should check it out

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My vote goes to the corolla 1.6G A/T.

Although if you have some extra cash, get the Corolla 1.8G A/T then upgrade the front grille & 16 inch aftermarket mags.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you prefer M/T, the Civic is the only way to go. the Altis doesn't have an M/T available in the top variants, and besides, the Civic's shifter is one of the best.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've had both the 2k3 Civic (RS Variant though M/T only) and 2k3 Altis (1.6 G A/T version.).

If your talking about bone stock, the Altis looks better (although, I did have a Tom's Body Kit put on which made it look a whole lot beter) than a normal 2k3 Civic Vti (I really don't like how the Civic looks from behind where you can see the suspension arms below, which is why I got the RS version where it comes with a Body Kit that covers it all up). That's IMHO. Altis has more room. Civic has more power (and is more fun to drive).

A/C of the Altis seems a lot colder and is contained longer in the cockpit than the Civic. (Meaning, I turned off the A/C in the altis and it still felt cold after a while, unlike the Civic where the coldness went away a lot sooner.)

Hmmm... either way... both are fine cars... It just depends on what your needs are... and which you prefer...

Also, I just love the Tranny of a Civic... just love the feel of it... and the shifting to different gears...

I don't like the Civic's brakes though... since it's only Disc / Drum... where as the Altis has all wheel disc brakes. Both are equiped with ABS and EBFD (if i'm not mistaken)... on higher models..

hmmm... what else... hmm... that's about all i can think of at the moment... either way... can't go wrong with either car...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're going to get the new Civic compare the prices of the New VTi-S M/T and the Altis 1.6G

The New Civic has been updated and it now has rear discs and an added rear stabiliser bar underneath. There is also a VTi-S variant with optional black leather interior.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
1.6 Civic VTi versus 1.6 Altis