New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Since di ko pa afford ang Jazz, I was looking at these other options... Gusto ko talaga ang itsura ng station wagons...

Do you have feedback on the zafira and the astra wagon/club? Which is a better buy? Or kung may iba pa kayong suggestions na parang touring/station wagon style? Mura kasi ng mga vectra sa buyandsell, pero yung zafira parang walang for sale...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Both astras and zafiras are good solid cars. Depende na sa needs and taste mo which of the two you'll get. astra is like a regular car which sits 5 but bigger trunk space. The Zafira sits 7 and is taller.

meron ako nakikita for sale astra wagon sa car finder once in a while.

check out our website <www.clubopelph.com> alam ko si edl100 is selling his zafira. He's the administator at clubopel and he also posts dito sa tsikot.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    zafira na lang para may support kasa chevy. yun opel ata tinigil na dito

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    mas inclined ako actually sa astra na wagon... puro casa ba parts nya or may resellers na na cheaper? How about yung mga gumagawa? Kaya na ba na outside the casa?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May parts siya via Thunder Automotive and Olympia sa Araneta. Not sure if well stocked na ang Olympia. Dati kasi parang consumables pa lang ang meron.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    To euro_c:

Both the Astra and the Zafira are very good choices as a used car. The Vectra is also a good car but I do not recommend it if you are not too familiar with Opels..

Although I would recommend the Zafira since it seats 7 and has a dual aircon. Also, Chevrolet has complete know-how about the zafira with foreign technical update support and parts inventory.

Remember, these cars are very expensive when it was sold brand new. The astra wagon at P850,000 while the Zafira at P1,150,000...

PARTS: There are places in Banawe and Araneta Ave that sells Opel parts. They are abundant and are not really very expensive. They also have replacement parts that are all made in Germany so you are sure that they are really durable.

MECHANICS: Mato Tan's Fronte motors in Banawe are experts in Opel service and have a complete lineup of parts. There are also mechanics that I know from GM Casa that can do home service for the car at a very reasonable fee. Suspension, aircon and mechanicals are very simple and can be done in any competent repairshop. ex. autoteknika, speedyfix etc..

FUEL CONSUMPTION: The astra has a very good fuel consumption for a 1600 engined car. The zafira's 1800 engine is a bit thirsty but still very reasonable.

OPEL CAR CLUB: There is a Philippines based www CLUB OPEL PH with a forum about the cars and its overall ownership experience..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    BTW, why dont you check out the CAR FINDER here at tsikot.com under chevrolet? there is a Zafira there and a lot of Astras at the OPEL category

http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...1&cat=7&page=2

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    sir edl100,

I like the look of the Astra kasi station wagon design... kaso I am reading through the Opel Club thread here and nakakatakot ang prices pag masira! Why are you selling your Zafira pala? Do the GM casas still support the Opels?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by euro_c View Post
    sir edl100,

I like the look of the Astra kasi station wagon design... kaso I am reading through the Opel Club thread here and nakakatakot ang prices pag masira! Why are you selling your Zafira pala? Do the GM casas still support the Opels?
    The Astra Station Wagon looks good specially with irmscher parts and wheels!!
    The Zafira kasi is more of an MPV for the family so it really depends on your needs..

The GM casa still support Opels. The people who posted on the tsikot thread regarding the parts are those who went to the CASA for repairs. As we all know, the CASA charges very high on Labor and Parts... There are alternatives. But still, if you want the cheaper running cost of a Japanese car then the OPELs cannot match that... if you are very familiar with the running cost of a BMW, mercedes, Volvo, AUDI etc.. then the Opel maintenance will not be a surprise.

I am actually selling my 2 cars. I really do not want to sell my Zafira since I am very happy with it. but I need to sell one car for a business investment.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ok, worried lang ako sa costs kasi magiging primary (and only) car namin ang astra if I push through in getting one... baka di din namin magamit kung masira kasi matagal bago mapagawa... sige, maghahanap-hanap ako ng astra wagon na maganda and sasali ako ng opel club pagmeron na.... salamat sa mga sagot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
zafira or vectra wagon