New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    which would i buy to start my taxi business?

Hyundai Accent or Toyota Vios

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    VIOS is cheaper by 200K but Accent will give your drivers more income.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd go for the basic Vios M/T (Php553,000 for the J variant). The initial investment would be lower compared to buying an Accent (Php680,000+ a figure I got from a brochure handed to be by Hyundai The Fort) and would thus be easier to recoup. The Accent's higher purchase price would force you to either charge a higher "boundary" or you'll end up with a longer repayment period.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    I'd go for the basic Vios M/T (Php553,000 for the J variant). The initial investment would be lower compared to buying an Accent (Php680,000+ a figure I got from a brochure handed to be by Hyundai The Fort) and would thus be easier to recoup. The Accent's higher purchase price would force you to either charge a higher "boundary" or you'll end up with a longer repayment period.
    I'd go for Vios!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hyundai Accent or Toyota Vios
    Go for a Vios 1.3J... by the way how much is the base Avanza compact MPV(baby Innova)? That could be an alternative.

VIOS is cheaper by 200K but Accent will give your drivers more income.
    Like what praetorian said, There's a new base model Accent priced at around P680K... but its still expensive.
    Last edited by AG4; October 31st, 2006 at 06:40 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In the Avanza thread (http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=25872&page=7), Toyota is reportedly pricing the bare-bones Avanza (steel rims, no power save for steering) at 560k to 580k. Hopefully, Toyota can even lower that some more for fleet buyers (i remember hearing from an SA before that buying 3 or more units is considered a fleet for discounting purposes).

Cheers and good luck on your venture!

Taxi Service