Ano po kaya ang mas sulit sa dalawa. Balak ko pong bumili
    ng Strada pero nalilito po ako. Mas prefer ko po sana eh VGT na,
    kaya lang sa 4x2 automatic lang ang VGT. Mas malakas ba sa fuel
    consumption ang automatic? how abt. maintenance wise? Hindi ko
    naman kasi masyado kailangan ang 4x4 pero kung sulit naman i might
    consider it...pls. help me decide. Tia.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unless you're going off-road, as in deep off-road through six inches of mud, you don't need four wheel drive.

The automatic is worth getting because the gearshift and clutch on the manual VGT are pretty harsh. Fuel economy is slightly worse in traffic, but hey, it's diesel. Mura pa rin.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    kahit mas matipid ang 4x4 M/T sa FC, lugi ka rin kasi mas mahal naman yung 4x4 variant. tapos hindi mo naman magagamit. ganun din yun. at least relax ka pa sa pag drive sa A/T 4x2

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    salamat sa replies. how abt. yung maintenance ng automatic? ano kaya ang madadagdag? actually mga 60-70% city driving the rest pag uuwi sa bulacan or out of town sa batangas or tagaytay.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Matigas ang clutch ng strada kaya I suggest you go A/T. Mag 4x4 ka na lang if kaya ng budget. Sabi nga nila, better to have and not need it than need it and not have it.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    ayos i drive pag manual exciting :D tapus 4x4 pa astiig.. matipid pa sa FC at diesel. sana may pambili din ako ng ganyan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maintenance, additional fluid to change every 20,000 to 40,000 kilometers. Don't know how often exactly, as it's different for every car. Not really that much.

As opposed to the 4x4, where you'll need a clutch change every 100,000 kilometers (less if you drive in traffic a lot), which often costs more than the fluid changes you have to do for an AT in that time period. And the 4x4 system means more differentials to keep lubricated.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Maintenance, additional fluid to change every 20,000 to 40,000 kilometers. Don't know how often exactly, as it's different for every car. Not really that much.

As opposed to the 4x4, where you'll need a clutch change every 100,000 kilometers (less if you drive in traffic a lot), which often costs more than the fluid changes you have to do for an AT in that time period. And the 4x4 system means more differentials to keep lubricated.
    Depende na rin siguro sa driver. Going 90k kms na yung saken at 80% nun ay dito sa manila, where super heavy traffic is understated. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    tnx sir niky. i was thinking nga in the line of kung automatic pero VGT na, okay na rin di ba?
    i was also thinking since medyo hindi na ako bumabata (preparing to retire * 50) ok na rin
    ang automatic for future considerations :-).

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    i think it is worth noting if your planning to get an AT VGT Strada, the engine will be de-tuned to 350 N-m as compared to a manual with VGT which will have the full 400 N-m of torque.

But it is also worth noting that, there is apparently no available Strada VGT manual that is 4x4 in our market.

So if you are into offroading or would be expecting situation that you will be needing 4wd, AT is your only choice and torque will be 12.5% less than the manual transmission variant.

My Mitsubishi Dealer » » 2012 Mitsubishi Strada VGT

I think mitsu philippines kinda missed the point that some drivers would want 4x4 with full power from the engine, and by not bringing in 4x4 manual VGT variant to the market, we are left with no other choice other than a de-tuned 4x4 Strada VGT AT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast