New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hello Everyone,

Need Advise on deciding between Grand Vitara and Ford Escape, ill be using this as a personal car and business use. am 23 years old, have a jewelry business and still single.
    what bothers me is Suzuki's Name in cars is it good to buy a suzuki vehicle?
    and the ford escape fuel consumption also bothers me, bydaway both looks good to me, Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki is a niche player. They dont' really make products designed for universal appeal. It's not a Toyota or a Honda that any Tom, Dick, or Harry can feel good in. To appreciate Suzuki, you have to understand their philosophy and the brand's history. If you are already bothered by the name without taking into account the merits of the vehicle, a Zuk isn't probably for you.

That said, I actually like Zuks. I like the image their products project (way better than the 'I'm playing safe' image of Hondas and Toyotas) and I also like the quality of the product (especially the Japanese manufactured units). I also like the off-road goodies that comes standard with the Vitara (two speed transfer case, etc.) and the fact that it is not based off a car.

I used to like the Escape. My uncle has one. But the current facelift looks too 'Made In Taiwan' for me. I like the older, simpler iteration which was more butch and athletic.

Btw, the Grand Vitara comes in two variants. 2.0 4 cylinder and 2.7 V6
    Last edited by OTEP; August 18th, 2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Thanks kpy555!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Nicely Said Thanks sir,

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Goldmark!

I'll take the Grand Vitara. I'm an owner of a 2.0L version, and so far it's great! Had it for 2 years already but no major problems encountered (except for a rattle that was eliminated by the casa). It will not accelerate as fast but still, you'll appreciate its overall build quality.

The Escape is aging already. Soon, an all-new version will come out.

If you'll choose the Grand Vitara, take the 2.0L version if you use it mostly in city driving. If you want more ooomph, get the 2.7L V6. Fully-loaded with features such as moonroof, HID, 7-speaker stereo (with sub) and a lot more for around 1.5M. Plus, Suzukis offer 2 years free service and parts aside from the 3-year vehicle warranty.

You can check out this thread to see how happy the owners of the Grand Vitara are (and some reviews and tips):
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26179

Boss OTEP, the V6 of the GV is 2.7L!

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmark View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Need Advise on deciding between Grand Vitara and Ford Escape, ill be using this as a personal car and business use. am 23 years old, have a jewelry business and still single.
    what bothers me is Suzuki's Name in cars is it good to buy a suzuki vehicle?
    and the ford escape fuel consumption also bothers me, bydaway both looks good to me, Thanks.
    hehe bias ako sir. grand V. pero kahit nung wla pako sa car selling d ko na gusto ung escape.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    GV it is! I just love driving it for everyday use

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'd pick GV between the two OR if outlander was included among your picks i'd take it
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    +1 on the grand vitara.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi all,

New member here.....

Our family bought the 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 A/T. It is full-time 4WD. It looks good, and is a true SUV/off-roader. May rally heritage pa ang Suzuki brand, Junior WRC rally cars using the SWIFT, and Monster Tajima.

The 3-door GV versions are being used in the Italian Baja, etc.

Regards

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Grand Vitara nalang, newer and looks more upscale than the old and over-facelifted escape. kung kaya stretch konti budget, Outlander GLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
07 Grand Vitara OR 07 Ford Escape?