New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    With the Peter Schreyer design now common to some Kia cars such as the Forte, Soul, Sorento, K7 (known as the Cadenza), and the upcoming Sportage, and with the fluidic sculpture of Hyundai as seen on the latest YF Sonata and the Tucson ix, napakaobvious na which one is napakabagay for Korean car enthusiasts.

What do you think?

Which one is bagay?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I like the Kia`s design more than the Hyundai's.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Forte and Sorento are relatively normal looking cars. Very good looking, but they're not very distinctive. They could be any vaguely new, vaguely European car. There's a little Honda in the shape of the grille-light combo, and there's a lot of Chevrolet in the shape of the grille. Great look, but I could put any number of badges on it and no one would know the difference.

That's the advantage of fluidic design... it's distinctive... but I don't like the way they achieved it without paying thought to how the "base" models look... (the plastic on plastic look when you have body colored parts in the cutouts).

The problem is for new Kia's and Hyundai's to exude their "Korean-ness". I think the Tucson does this well. As does the Kia Soul. As does the Sonata (better than the Genesis sedan, I might add).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hyundai fluidic design comes from 3 in-house design centres - Korea, California & Germany.

Kia i would believe 1 design centre with Schreyer on the helm.

Thus Kia designs will be more Euro-inspired when they revamp all their models. As for Hyundai, it will be a hodge podge of how each design centre will interpret their fluidic sculpture design.

With Hyundai, each model will be a hit or a miss. With Kia, it will be consistent but may turn bland ala Audi/VW.

Hyundai's halo car right now is the Genesis Platform. Schreyer wanted the Soul as Kia's halo car.

I like both, I don't like Japs anymore that's why we have 2 Korean SUVs right now.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem is for new Kia's and Hyundai's to exude their "Korean-ness". I think the Tucson does this well. As does the Kia Soul. As does the Sonata (better than the Genesis sedan, I might add).
    The upcoming new Sonata can arguably look like the Peugeot 607 from 2003. No bad thing for a large sedan (607s have nicely flowing shapes, if boring), but it could've been more distinctly Korean.

Otherwise, agreed.