New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hello Tsikot members!! Im a newbie in this site need help on buying an SUV.

Im in the lookout to replace our 1998 toyota XE. Have narrowed down between the RAV4 and the Santa Fe.

Impressions on the Santa Fe :

- good fuel consumption (Diesel eh), nice interior.
    - Not so sure on reliability since bago pa, but heard a lot of good reviews from owners on this site.

Impressions on the RAV4 :

- Mature technology, very good reliability, its a Toyota.
    - fuel consumption is a minus compared to santa's diesel engine, but RAV4 has one of the best fuel economy in its class di ba?

I am inclined to go with Santa Fe, but you cant go wrong with a RAV4

What do you think??

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Mukhang nagiging benchmark na ngayon ang hyundai SF.

If you gonna ask me, I will choose the 2007 RAV4 if money is not a problem.

But if you want a value for your money ---> Hyundai Santa Fe Crdi.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sir O!lman thanks, you mean overall and long term value is SF? and money spending is RAV4 kasi mas malakas sa fuel consumption? any idea po ba sa kms/L ng RAV4? and Santa Fe on city driving?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Soundwave, if you have more than enough cash just get the RAV4 kasi you could keep up with it's fuel intake. i think it's around 5-10km/L. pero kung medyo ayaw mo ding gumastos ng mahal get the Hyundai, it's also a good one. Parehas lang reliability nyan pero mas madali parts ng toyota.

Well my fellow members! i heard na magtataas na naman ang crudo soon. 50cents daw because of under-recovery something like that. Is this true?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    Hello Tsikot members!! Im a newbie in this site need help on buying an SUV.

Im in the lookout to replace our 1998 toyota XE. Have narrowed down between the RAV4 and the Santa Fe.

Impressions on the Santa Fe :

- good fuel consumption (Diesel eh), nice interior.
    - Not so sure on reliability since bago pa, but heard a lot of good reviews from owners on this site.

Impressions on the RAV4 :

- Mature technology, very good reliability, its a Toyota.
    - fuel consumption is a minus compared to santa's diesel engine, but RAV4 has one of the best fuel economy in its class di ba?

I am inclined to go with Santa Fe, but you cant go wrong with a RAV4

What do you think??
    Hello there Sir Soundwave! I suggest you get the Sta. Fe! Great value for your money and in the long run mas tipid sa gasolina then you get a 5 year warranty! Great deal diba? (hehehehehe)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    How about maintenance cost? RAV4's gasoline vs SF's diesel (pasensya na, wala kasi ako masyado idea sa engine technicalities ) how about parts availability for Hyundai? we all know its common for toyota

on SF owners, may na observe po ba kayo noise? since I heard na inherent daw sya with diesels.

sir ram0722, thanks for the info, may idea po ba kayo km/L ng SF?

mam ladyrider, thanks sa suggestion mo, the 5 yrs warranty is indeed a big plus and a great deal, but normally the wear and tear of a vehicle will happen after some years pa? tama po ba? I observed this with our toyota XE where we started replacing parts after 8 yrs. I guess this remains to be seen with SF.

we're planning to buy sana before the year ends, and I trying to gather as many info as I can, hehehe...the SF seems to gaining grounds on my head, but I still cant drop the RAV4, I mean its a RAV4

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Naka drive na ako both, di ko na organize thoughts ko, type ko nalang habang naiisip. opinions ko lang mas fun to drive ang rav4, pero mas comfortable ang ride ng stafe, tahimik din engine ng sta fe, even at high revs, at 1.5k rpm maririnig mo yung whine ng turbo. sa rav 4 mas maingay at hi revs, not diesel sound, but similar to vtec sound. pero pag idle parang naka patay. iba parin siempre ang gas, 0 to 60 medyo kulang ang hatak ng sta fe, acceleration lamang rav 4. maingay tires ng rav4 and ride is on the firm side. mas hi tech ang tranny ng sta fe, 5 speed with +/- , interior mas type ko rav4. mas luxurous (4x4 version with leather seats) 3rd row meron ang sta fe.

for me rav4 din, unless super layo ka magbyahe mga 20k kms per yr, mas better ang diesel. economical.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Rav4 ako. matipid naman sa gas ang toyotas e.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    mam ladyrider, thanks sa suggestion mo, the 5 yrs warranty is indeed a big plus and a great deal, but normally the wear and tear of a vehicle will happen after some years pa? tama po ba? I observed this with our toyota XE where we started replacing parts after 8 yrs. I guess this remains to be seen with SF.

we're planning to buy sana before the year ends, and I trying to gather as many info as I can, hehehe...the SF seems to gaining grounds on my head, but I still cant drop the RAV4, I mean its a RAV4
    Hello ulit Sir Soundwave! Basta ang importante kung ano ang nasa puso mo yun ang sundin mo! (hehehehehe)
    We may have given you ideas on which car to choose, pero sa huli ikaw pa rin ang masusunod. (hehehehe) Kaya choose wisely! Ikaw rin naman po ang makikinabang sa ride mo in the end! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Nakakainggit ang problema mo. Both are great vehicles and you can't go wrong if you choose any one. They're also equal in styling.

IMO, if you don't need the 3rd row seats, go for the Rav4. As for the fuel economy, if you don't frequently travel long distances, you don't need the diesel. The maintenance cost can offset the fuel that you save. Besides, the Rav4 has a longer history and without major issues, therefore, you don't need to think about long term reliability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help!! 2007 VVT-i RAV4 or 2007 Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi