New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    We're choosing between a civic 1.8 ('06) and a jazz 1.3 ('04). I seem to have an apprehension buying a brandnew - old model car. Any basis for my seemingly irrational concern (I'm thinking along the lines of resale value...)? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is a "brand new '04"?

is it a 3 year old car that hasn't been titled yet? if so, keep in mind that it is already depreciated even though it hasn't been owned by anybody. if you sell it in 1 year it's still a 4 year old car (but with very low mileage)

also, how well has it been stored and maintained without an owner for all these years?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman he's pertaining to the model year when the car was first introduced (2004)?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sorry for the confusion, let me clarify. When I say brandnew '04, isn't it that the jazz Honda is currently selling is a '04 model that just had a facelift? Compared to the civic that was released last year... how will they compare 3, 5 years from now? Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mr. mazdamazda's right - that is what I was (unsuccessfully ) trying to say!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are your priorities? if you've got the budget, i'd go for the civic.

as regards the argument, technically even if the city was introduced in 2004, it's still being sold as a 2006 or 2007 model, so resale shouldn't suffer much. but in terms of technology, the civic would definitely have the advancements since it's a current model.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Haven't really thought re: technological advancements - but is it really that significant?

As per priorities, well... to be honest we're attracted to the fuel efficiency of the jazz... that's it, but we really like the look of the new civic... I think I'm just trying to convince myself that the civic is a better choice between the two by starting this thread and making such an argument comparing an old model car to a new one

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    baka NOS/New Old Stock.

04 look Jazz due to discounts vs. 06 Civic. if the Jazz can serve your needs well... why not?

but the newer Civic is bigger and more appealing to me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are you waiting for us to tell you what you want to hear, or what you want us to say?

If you're just trying to convince yourself that the Civic is a better choice, go for the Jazz.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    We have both an '04 Jazz and a '06 Civic. I must say I like both cars a lot. If this is to be my first car, I'd pick the JAZZ.

Honda Jazz
    Pros
    -Much more practical - the space is very versatile
    -Very economical
    -The CVT A/T transmission is very smooth, although it takes a little getting used to
    -Excellent headroom (hatch eh), good legroom, although it's quite narrow okey lang

Cons
    -NVH is bad
    -The ride is outright rubbish! (hell our '92 Charade has a better ride!)
    -I don't like the stock stereo (1.3 A/T model), but that's just me.
    -No temperature gauge, idiot light only!
    -The 1.3 model is rather slow

Honda Civic
    Pros
    -Very good power
    -1.8 model is surprisingly economical
    -Automatic tranny's very good
    -Stereo's got AUX in and MP3 capabilities
    -Good headroom and legroom

Cons
    -Boot (trunk) space is terrible. Sana nag space-saver tire nalang sila for the spare.
    -Damn dashboard is too damn long!
    -Rear door is quite long, minsan mahirap lumabas pag makitid yung parking.
    -NVH could be better. The Altis and the Focus/Mazda 3 does better here.
    -Hard/impossible to upgrade integrated stock stereo. It's quite good enough for me with AUX in and MP3 capability but if you're a modder/audiophile this will definitely turn you off.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 6th, 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
brandnew '06 vs brandnew '04