New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: 2005 Model M/T Diesel AUV,- Which Is The Best Buy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • M/T Diesel Mitsubishi Adventure

2 11.11%
  • M/T Diesel Isuzu Crosswind

7 38.89%
  • M/T Diesel Toyota RevO

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Fellow Tsikoteers:

A good friend of mine is looking for a 2005 Model M/T Diesel AUV for his primary vehicle to replace his old one.

He is considering the following:
    1. Mitsubishi Adventure
    2. Isuzu Crosswind
    3. Toyota RevO

I am biased towards a brand, so I would like to solicit your various opinions here.

Everything else equal,- mileage, maintenance and usage of the 'previous owner',

1. Which do you think is the best one amongst the 3 listed above? And why?
    2. What are the typical maintenance expenses that he can expect after he acquire the vehicle? (Typical issues with the vehicle)
    3. How much would be the typical cost of the vehicle?

TIA...

12.9K:foshizzle:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For pure family use. Revo, hands down. A relative owns one. GSX 2.0EFi model, 3rd row were converted to have it facing front. Drove it myself for a few times, grabe ... effortless. A/T pa.

And that damn thing is fast ( topped at around 140kph sa NLEX, i think it can do more ... ) Airconditioning is top notch, medyo sablay nga lang yung louvers niya sa likod. Haha. :hysterical: Ride comfort, er .. not that much. Matagtag sa 3rd row eh. 1st and second, no problem.

Ewan ko lang sa diesel bro ... but if I were your friend I'd get the VX240D or the SR model. Looks are still nice. Still partly classy for me IMO.

BTW, medyo malakas sa gas. Didn't compute it thoroughly but it was expected. 2.0 na, gas pa .. then the weight it is carrying. What do you expect naman diba. Haha. So yun lang, if FC conscious nga friend mo, don't get the 1.8 EFi or 2.0 EFi models, yung D's lang talaga or yet resort ka pa sa iba like the Crosswind which I think is much efficient vs. sa Revo

--

If daily beater, ta's hauler pa ... then Crosswind. That thingIS bulletproof. Kaya lang yun nga, it's slow. Its ride comfort is not that good ( i've rode in one din. 2003 model nga lang .., matagtag rin kahit 2nd row ) ta's when you go all-out sumisigaw yung makina. Hahaha. But this thing is easy and cheap to maintain. Basta regular palit oils lang, there will be no problems at all ....

--

Hindi ko kasi gusto yung 05 Adventure and wala pa akong 1st hand experience dito so no comment nalang.

HTH.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 28th, 2011 at 03:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd pick the Crosswind as its engine is tough as nails. It may not be particularly fast but its fuel efficient and would be able to run 300000 kms and above before requiring an overhaul. And its not really THAT slow, if you look into the Crosswind thread, you'd see that there are some well broken in units capable of 150km/h and above. And if your unit is not that well broken in, you can always change to an aftermarket filter.

I admit, though I've ridden in all three, the only one I've personally driven is the Revo. Its a 2001 Revo GLX diesel. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, the aircon's cool, power is a bit lacking but still OK, clutch is easy to use too though I had trouble with gearbox at first though I got used to it after some time. The only thing I have against it is the handbrake, its as if it was toothless. It doesn't bite at all! When you park or stop on an incline, you still do have to step on the brakes or shift to 1st gear to prevent it from sliding.

As for the Adventure, I have little experience or knowledge with this one but I've heard that this one's lacking in low end grunt and is better on the top end which makes it more at home on the highways and rather uneasy on the inclines, easily overheats as compared to the others, is rather smoky and gives rather poor fuel economy.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd pick the Crosswind as its engine is tough as nails. It may not be particularly fast but its fuel efficient and would be able to run 300000 kms and above before requiring an overhaul. And its not really THAT slow, if you look into the Crosswind thread, you'd see that there are some well broken in units capable of 150km/h and above. And if your unit is not that well broken in, you can always change to an aftermarket filter.

Pero maingay na siya * 150kph and needs a very ... very long patience to reach THAT far.

I admit, though I've ridden in all three, the only one I've personally driven is the Revo. Its a 2001 Revo GLX diesel. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, the aircon's cool, power is a bit lacking but still OK, clutch is easy to use too though I had trouble with gearbox at first though I got used to it after some time. The only thing I have against it is the handbrake, its as if it was toothless. It doesn't bite at all! When you park or stop on an incline, you still do have to step on the brakes or shift to 1st gear to prevent it from sliding.
    Baka may problema yung handbrake nung na-try mo ? Never had that kind of experience sa GSX.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Pero maingay na siya * 150kph and needs a very ... very long patience to reach THAT far.

Yup, well if the TS wants an old school diesel vehicle, that's something he will have to live with.

Baka may problema yung handbrake nung na-try mo ? Never had that kind of experience sa GSX.
    Not sure, its not my own car so I didn't think more about it. Kahit na talagang nasa pinakamataas na ang handbrake hindi parin kumakagat ng husto. Syempre may kagat pero mahina. AFAIK ganun talaga yun, and everytime may pinapaayos o pinapalit pagbalik ganun padin ang handbrake kaya ang ginagawa kapag nakapark ay nilalagay nalang sa 1st gear ang kambyo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Crosswind Hands down, get the sporty model then upgrade to 2010 look.. you now have an all-new (look only heheh) Crosswind XUV/ Or Sportivo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Crosswind Hands down, get the sporty model then upgrade to 2010 look.. you now have an all-new (look only heheh) Crosswind XUV/ Or Sportivo.
    +1, yung revo ok naman IMO kaso may Innova na eh. Lumang-luma na tuloy dating whereas yung revo na 2005 model, hehe, meron pa till now like the advie. Pero mas matipid Isuzu so doon 1st place for me.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Crosswind din ako. Get the XUV/XUVi variant. Matipid and fuel efficient among the 3. Downside mataas resale value.

Adventure. Less power. Also on smaller side.

Revo. Get the VX240D variant.

------

Correct me if I'm wrong, meron ng Innova 2005.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Hahahaha. Okay lang yan. Ganyan lang naman ginawa ng Isuzu, they changed the looks but not the engine nor the body structure itself. Nyahaha.

So when you convert your 05 Crosswind to '10, you just did the same. Difference only is, you got it for a cheaper price ( Bro TR, if you wont mind PM-ing me an estimate of how much yung ganito, curious lang .. paki-PM nalang ako ) and your unit is not really THAT new. But it's the same.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

So far, mukhang Crosswind ang highly recommended sa 3 pagpipilian.... Malamig ba ang aircon ng Crosswind? Also, how about the spare parts,- are they expensive? O, talagang oil change lang ang katapat nito sa maintenance?

Any deeper insights on the Adventure and RevO options, please?

12.9K:foshizzle:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2005 Model M/T Diesel AUVs - Adventure? Crosswind? Or RevO?