New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kabebenta lng ng honda city ko, planning to buy 2ndhand car my budget around 500k, dalwa option ko lancer ex or civic fd? 2010 model & up sana. Any advise po in terms of fc, comfortability,, etc? Ty

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Between the two, I'd go with the Civic FD but with the 2.0L engine. However, with a budget of 500k, I might be looking at an Accord or Mazda6 of similar age. Both have more powerful engines and more comfortable though at the expense of a little bit less fuel efficient. However, 2.0L compacts like the Lancer GT-A or Civic FD 2.0L are really not that fuel efficient also.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    For practicality i suggest a 2013-14 Nissan Almera. I've seen some selling for about 400k only. Bigger cabin space than other cars in it's class. Cheap to maintain and with good fc.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    nissan parts very pricey and no resale value

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    For me il go for lancer ex para sakin mas mukhang sporty ang dating nya kaysa fd. Looks bigger too, yan din plan ko bilhin someday.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman78 View Post
    i have owned nissan in the past.. the parts ain't really pricey. but i admit, toyota parts are somewhat easier to source.
    and at the right price, anything will sell.

so why complain about low resale value, when you got it cheap in the first place? heh heh.

but i admit.. the almera seems "a little out of its league" when compared to the lancer or civic..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 26th, 2015 at 02:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Maybe you haven't yet owned one sir. It's not as widely available than a toyota but parts prices are just about the same. Gone are the days that Nissan parts are expensive. Resale value is cheaper but you get a younger car against other brands in the 2nd hand market. Where could you buy a 2013 or 2014 model for 400k?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Have you owned one? Maybe you have not known that Honda parts are more expensive.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks sa mga replies, i know the quality and power ng civic fd 1.8 kasi yun ang car sa office na madalas ko din magamit, spacious sya. Pero gusto ko naman external design ng lancer ex, mx at gta. But wala ako idea sa lancer ex dpa ko nkakatest drive pa at di pa ko nkakaupo sa loob 🙁
    Ok ba everyday use yung 2.0 gta? Or pangporma lang sa lakas ng gas? Any idea sir, pati parts and service ok ba? CVT rin daw yung gta, na sabi ng iba maskomplikado compare sa AT, tia

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Go for the GTA para maiba naman, you already know the FD and it seems you're more keen with the GTA. Follow your heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast