New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An unlikely comparo but both are diesel powered MPV's. The Benz being a basic version of a European van that's made in Spain while the MPX is a topline China van.

Vitos currently sell at the Php400k range while a brand new MPX is around Php1M.

Vitos are A/T, MPX is M/T.

Which one will you choose considering a second hand Vito in decent condition (not perfect, but decent).

I drive a 1995 model vehicle so even the Vito is like new to me. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Vito

MPX

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO I wouldn't be getting the Vito as even if it is a good van, parts would be a big problem as it is already phased out and MB parts are not exactly cheap, nor are they easy to find. The Foton MPX sounds good on paper but as of now I am still wary about getting a Chinese car. Maybe only time will tell? And it is also obviously not as refined as the Vito. I would suggest something with a price in between these two and yet has a superior engine and no parts, reliability or quality problems. Starex GRX CRDi, anyone?

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Siguro isali na natin ang Hyundai Starex sa comparison na ito...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Starex is too mainstream. hehehe.

The older Hiace Grandia is still in the Php500k++ range.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, perhaps that's a good thing as that proves that the Starex is a good car. Changing to aftermarket rims should do much to change the "mainstream look", the one with the facelifted Audi-like nose looks better too.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman experience ko with Starex. 2003 TCi A/T.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK na ang Starex. Meron siya durability and power ng SUV with the comfort and space ng van. May 4WD variant pa kung gusto mo. Para sa akin, OK na ang GRX for an entry-level MPV. The Grand Starex is already in premium van territory, they could've sold them side by side. The GRX even has a better power to weight ratio if I'm not mistaken.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Starex Starex Starex. Puro nalang Korean cars.

Vito L naman para maiba!

Seriously, I'd like to own an 8 year old Vito L than a brand new Chinese car.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Between the two, MPX. Foton's one of the few reliable Chinese manufacturers around. Rode one before and I can say it's okay for the price, nothing great though. The Vito may provide refinement and comfort but stabs you in the back with its maintenance cost.
    Starex is a good alternative.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Magkamukha sila sa likod. Di ko mafeel yung difference.

Kung pang-arawaraw Foton MPX na.
    Kung pang-out of town tuwing weekends or summer MB Vito na.

Just make sure member ka ng towing assistance on both vehicles. You can never tell when you're gonna need it.
    Last edited by eljo3025; April 17th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Older (01-03?) Mercedes Vito vs. Bnew Foton MPX?