New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi to All,

This is my first post on this site, but i been lurking this site in a long time.Before I start..I would like anybody to know that any reaction will do..im not that sensitive regarding constructive or destructive criticism.

If you gonna ask me why the hell I compared these two vehicles since they are in different categories... here's my answers to that...

** both are almost the same price
    ** both are automatic
    ** both are great

Here's my confusions...

** which car are efficient in fuel
    ** which car are less in maintenance
    ** which car have great resale value
    ** which car is durable
    ** which car can survive a knee deep flood

any inputs will do.. I have 2 kids ( 3yrs & 2 months ) still young so they might not be a factor in space for at least 3years? My wife and I are working in makati, so this new vehicle would be traveling everyday from pasig to makati. Very seldom to have an out of town trip. This would be my second car. .and by the way.. one more issue to consider is that my garage is small, so big AUV/SUV/Van wont be acceptable.

Many thanks to all.. I hope I will have a good input of you guys.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you have watched sir fireblade`s interview last night at TV Patrol World Abs-Cbn, you might as well, not consider the d-4d innova anymore.

He said in that particular interview that ...

His 2008 Innova G A/T D4D ( diesel ) while running at 40kph suddenly died down. No electricals, power and whatsoevers. It literally died down! The suspect ? The d4d engine.

`Nuff said.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Just avoid the Innova G diesel..Okay lang kung yung gas variant pero avoid the D-4D diesel variant..

Napanood ko nga yung interview kay Fireblade sa news kagabi! Ang tapag mo pre!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sorry, i haven't saw that show.. anyway....thanks for the inputs, now it boils to 1 option which is the new tucson .

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you have watched sir fireblade`s interview last night at TV Patrol World Abs-Cbn, you might as well, not consider the d-4d innova anymore.

He said in that particular interview that ...

His 2008 Innova G A/T D4D ( diesel ) while running at 40kph suddenly died down. No electricals, power and whatsoevers. It literally died down! The suspect ? The d4d engine.

`Nuff said.
    hey bro...how about the innova V a/t? pumunta ako sagada, mi matarik na daan doon, bigla tumigil at hindi na makaakyat, muntik na akong magpanik...wait ako mga 1 min, start uli at akyat na naman, pero naramdaman kung bumagal ang takbo. after dat ay ok na naman sya. din punta uli ako bagiuo, ganoon na naman nangyari. pina tsek ko sa casa commonwealth, wala naman daw problema... can somebody tell e what seems to be the problem? thanks to all.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    maybe the gas reserve has something to do with your problem, all efi engine needs a constant supply of gas under pressure, not enough gas when going on an inclined road will starve the engine and will just sputte3r then die.

For a family man with 2 kids and is planning to get 2 yaya, the typical 5 seater will not do. Get the innova.

for my next car, tucson will be the first on my list. GANDA!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by orland View Post
    Here's my confusions...

** which car are efficient in fuel
    ** which car are less in maintenance
    ** which car have great resale value
    ** which car is durable
    ** which car can survive a knee deep flood
    ** which car are efficient in fuel: INNOVA, being a diesel
    ** which car are less in maintenance: The INNOVA might have more abundant parts, but the TUCSON comes with a 5-year warranty. The better deal for me is the TUCSON.
    ** which car have great resale value: INNOVA (mabenta naman kasi takaga 'tong sasakyang ito, kahit brand new pa or second hand)
    ** which car is durable: The INNOVA has issues with its diesel engine; there are no issues (yet, hpefully wala talaga) with the TUCSON. I'd go with the TUCSON.
    ** which car can survive a knee deep flood: The INNOVA can easily brave floods. Ino-overtake pa nga kami kahit mataas na yung baha. I don't know about the new TUCSON, though, pero tingin ko kaya rin naman. INNOVA pipiliin ko, with my decision based on merely what I saw.

Based on your criteria alone, the Innova wins, but if I'm to choose, the Tucson is holistically better (unless you need the extra seating space at the back). If ever you're getting the Innova, just get the gas variant, although the AT might have not-so-good fuel mileage as compared to the MT.

Hope this helped.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you want. Get the VVT-i. Yes, it consumes more fuel but at least, you'll have a peace of mind.

The Tucson isn`t that bad after all. It`s also a gas-fed vehicle, so what makes it different from the Innova Gas ? :bwahaha: The 5-year warranty of the Tucson, is yes, attractive and worth the grab actually.

Yes, the tucson seats less but, you don't really need the 7 seats with only your 2 kids in the family. Plus your wife, obviously. :D

So 2 + 2 is four ( you your wife and your kids )

But one of your kids is only 3 months old, it wont take up space until you bolt in a car-seat inside it. But if you do, there's still an ample space to seat one more person.

If you're confident enough that you won't be really using the additional 2 seats, with lets say, relatives that may be hopping with you .. then, the Tucson`s seating capacity wont be much of a problem.

So to answer your other queries.

** which car are efficient in fuel - Both might consume the same. If not, the difference isn't that far. IF the innova is a gas-fed.

** which car are less in maintenance - The PMS intervals are pretty much different. Hyundai, I think every 10k kms. Toyota, `bout 5k kms

** which car have great resale value - Knowing Pinoys, toyota would still have that great resale value badge. But with the problems they're encountering, we don't know.

** which car is durable - Both are pretty much durable.

** which car can survive a knee deep flood - Frankly, I`m not sure. It depends where are the ECU's are placed.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ** which car are efficient in fuel - Innova VVT-i pero mahina ang power at konti lang difference sa Tucson in terms of consumption

** which car are less in maintenance - Tucson 5 years vehicle warranty, 2 years battery warranty and 3 years A/C warranty. every 5k kms din ang change oil ng Hyundai pero alam naman nating lahat na mas mura ang Toyota (pero less warranty) at kung hindi ka bibigyan ng problema. napakaraming recall ngayon ng Toyota

** which car have great resale value - di ko masabi eh.. maganda na rin kasi ang reputation ng Hyundai ngayon kaya hindi na mababa ang resale value

** which car is durable - Tucson Innova owners na nagsabi ng mga problems nila sa kanilang Innova

** which car can survive a knee deep flood - depende sa location ng air intake at ECU, at kung Diesel matibay yan sa baha.. ayaw mo intayin ang CRDi Tucson?

kung ako ang bibili, pag kailangan ko ng 7 seats at more space mag Innova talaga ako. pero kung hindi naman, Tucson parin :clap:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    go with the Hyundai Tucson or better yet the Innova VVTi. there are so many complaints about the D4D engines so might as well avoid these. fuel consumption wise between the Innova VVTi and Tucson CVVT, the latter is more fuel efficient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Innova G ( A/T Diesel) or Tucson 2010 ( A/T Gas)