New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi Tsikoters! I need your advise on which car to buy in 2 months. We are four in the family and youngest is 1 yr old and the my other one is a teenager. My priority is safety and reliability, size/comfort, fc and cost of ownership in that order. Will have very little time to shop around and test drive so I will rely on your advice.

Things to consider:
    1. Travelling once or twice a month to province - 87km one way with daily commute of 20km one way.
    2. Need to fit a Britax carseat at the 2nd row.
    3. 2 vehicle and not of the same type (for ex. SUV + car or CUV + MPV) and 1 should be 7 seater. No subcompact or van please. Doesnt need to be both new but one should be.
    4. Hindi gaano malaki at auto tranny as my wife will have a hard time driving since we are coming from a place where it is very easy to drive. Ako ok lang kasi nag-drive ako ng kahit ano at kahit saan.
    5. I dont mind paying a bit more for gas pero sana hindi kasing lakas ng Mitsu Fuzion na na-rent namin last November na 5-6km/liter! DW likes it kasi 2nd row is higher daw.

Budget for both cars ay Php 2M and paying cash. I just learned a few days ago by calling a couple of car dealers that I cant just get the car I want right away since I am a cash buyer. May waiting list iyong iba and priority nila ang financing but I dont have the patience of waiting for the unknown and need the car asap in June. Tumawag ako sa Toyota Cubao and may waiting sila sa Fortuner at RAV-4 pero wala sa corolla. I also called Peugeot and ok sila if i get their 1.6 but not sure about the availability of 2.0.

Tulong mga bossing! Hirap tumawag sa pinas because of the time difference.

Thanks and Sorry for the long post.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since flooding happens so often here in Manila, it is best to get an SUV. There are a lot of SUV's that fit your budget, but not all of them are really capable of water crossing. 4x2 lang, puwede na.

I would suggest Ford Everest. It can comfortably sit eight, it's a diesel and the high ground clearance is really a plus.

I'm not so sure how much money will be left from you but say it's around 500k.

For 500k, you can get a second hand 10th gen Altis, or an 8th generation Civic, both are tested for its reliability.

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With discounts, maybe you can get a non-VGT Montero Sport GLX AT plus a Lancer EX GLX AT. Or an Innova E (DSL) AT plus an Altis 1.6G AT.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Mas OK ba ang Everest compared to Montero? My sis got a GLS-V so I know what Montero looks like and how it drives. Although I didnt got a chance to drive it kasi may driver sila. Being a passenger, medyo a bit bumpy sa mga potholes pero it seems ok.

Is Innova an MPV? Is this the same as Kia Carens/Rondo?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    With discounts, maybe you can get a non-VGT Montero Sport GLX AT plus a Lancer EX GLX AT. Or an Innova E (DSL) AT plus an Altis 1.6G AT.
    +1.

too short

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I suggest pick 2 different vehicles from the same manufacturer.
    The two combinations mentioned here are very good... it's just that my wifey find the Montero too big
    compared to the Innova... So this time, Toyotas gets my vote.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    In my opinion, I think the best combo would be:

Toyota Innova E A/T Diesel
    Honda City 1.3S A/T

Both are fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

You might want to wait for the all-new Vios and Altis if you are not in a hurry.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    In my opinion, I think the best combo would be:

Toyota Innova E A/T Diesel
    Honda City 1.3S A/T

Both are fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

You might want to wait for the all-new Vios and Altis if you are not in a hurry.
    Even though the City is fuel efficient but the TS specified no subcompacts (City, Vios, Fiesta, Mazda2, Accent, Jazz).

*priust - Yes, the Innova is an MPV that belongs to the same category as the Kia Carens and Chevrolet Orlando.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Are you open to 2nd hand? It'll save you lots, especially those that are just 1-2 years old.

I'd suggest you get the Carens. The new one's coming but its a lot more expensive. If you're OK with 2nd hand units like this one Kia Carens AT - 11 | Cars for sale Marikina | AyosDito.ph, the previous gen version is good.

Then you can choose to get a much better 2nd car, be it slightly used or brand new. For slightly used, I suggest you get a gen 2.5 Santa Fe like this one Hyundai Santa Fe AT -2012 | Cars for sale Pasig | AyosDito.ph. For brand new, there's the Montero Sport GLX or the SWB Kia Carnival.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Innova na brand new then 2nd hand na Corolla or Civic