New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Are corolla lovelife GLi (AE111) series still a good buy nowadays? What can you comment about this car. Considering the car was taken cared of by the 1st owner.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ok sya, sikip lang rear legroom.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Many people were disappointed by the small space in the "Love Life" Corolla as compared to the "Big Body" Corolla that came before it, but, personally, I think it's a better looking car.

Fuel consumption of the carburated lower models are just so-so, but there are no major headaches in terms of maintenance, just the usual problems faced by old cars.

Not that exciting to drive, and there are roomier cars from the same time, but the Corolla has a very European look, and Euro-look conversions are quite popular. It's a cute little car, and the Altis SE-G version was the first 1.8 liter car in the Philippine compact class... probably the best old-style Corolla you can still buy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xenix View Post
    Are corolla lovelife GLi (AE111) series still a good buy nowadays? What can you comment about this car. Considering the car was taken cared of by the 1st owner.

Thanks!
    The AE111 is simply an AE101 with different exterior and interior. Everything else like engine, suspension, etc. is the same. The only addition is a passenger airbag. ABS already appeared in the last batch of AE101s.

We had the budget for this car two years ago but decided to get the older AE101 model instead, because it (1) looks better; (2) has more rear seat space; and (3) weighs less, which could translate to better performance and/or economy. And for me, the 101 is designed for the younger generation, compared to the 111 that is better suited for parents.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    very dependable, low maintenance, linear acceleration, dami spareparts...

pero walang soul... too bland...

PS. Meron po kami 1.6GLi na Love Life and I seriously didn't like it...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's easy to drive around and in the Euro trim it does look good. Space is a minus though (has similar space to the old B13 Sentra). As aforementioned, it did not live up to the expectations of AE101 owners.

Barring any maintainance excessive abuse by the previous owner, it is a reliable and easy to maintain vehicle.

I was also looking for one of those 1.8L SE-Gs before but they were either over-priced or abused units.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree with the previous posters. basically a simple, practical and a nice-to-drive car.
    i also like the euro look. may mga nakita ako nyan na pinapalitan yung headlights nila to a round, circular headlights.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bakit "love-life" yung tawag sa ae110/111?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because of the ads, I think.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ah ok.. kala ko dahil ***y..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Corolla lovelife