New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi guys. I'm planning to buy a brand new Hyundai Getz 1.1 M/T. I just want to hear from you guys, especially to the owners of Getz about the pros and cons of this unit. How much is its fuel consumption? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    One con I can think of is the car will be replaced soon with the i20, so if I am you and if I can wait then I would wait...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Well, if you read this review from bigbigcar, it'll make you think a bit harder before going for the much more expensive CRDi.

How many kilometers do you cover in a year? If its less than 15,000 kms then you are better off with the 1.1 li GL.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    double post. darn slow internet.
    Last edited by number001; June 16th, 2008 at 10:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest you read up * ph.getzclub kahit wala ka pang Getz be a member na.
    Pros:
    1. It is small, very easy to maneuver, if you are a new driver like me, you'd love parking this baby.
    2. FC is pretty decent. Not the best but pretty decent.
    3. Legroom is adequate, even for the people * the back. I am 5 ten and I find the space ok. Compared to the other subcompacts.
    4. Its been around for almost 4 years now, all the things that are bad about it have a known solution and parts are fairly cheap.
    5. 5 years warranty.
    6. It looks sporty.
    7. Adequate trunk space. And your seats fold 40/60.

Cons:
    1. If you want more power and speed (if you have a need for speed) this is not for you. (But you'll be surprised how fast other Getzers were able to push their 1.1 cars!)
    2. It could be a little bouncy especially if you are used to bigger cars with larger suspensions.

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the only reason it feels underpowered is because the gears are too long and the notchy gearbox makes it difficult to change gears. Give it shorter gears, like the Chery QQ or Suzuki Alto, and it'd fly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thank you guys for your responses. It will be for city driving only.. I will be using it in going to the office...

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    One con I can think of is the car will be replaced soon with the i20, so if I am you and if I can wait then I would wait...

By the way, what is this i20? How much is it? When is it gonna be released?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The i20 is a new car by Hyundai, just Google it... As for its release date, I don't know to be honest. If there was one car I am waiting for its the new Honda Jazz...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    For 488K, it's a lot of car for your money, as far as bnew units go. Only the Chery QQ 311 5MT offers more value and Chana Benni too, but reliability of those rivals are still bit dubious and questionable. It makes the Kia Picanto, Jazz, Aveo and even the Spark look pricey in comparison.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the info. I have read in some other threads about "kalampag" and "aircon" issues.. How true are these?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Getz Pros and Cons