New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Which among the three would you most likely purchase?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    XT hands down.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    XT FTW!

unless x-trail GT yan.

pero kahit na, the XT is the safest and fastest. subies are built tough and so safe, even the jaws of life will have headaches trying to cut them open.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1st Nissan Xtrail 250X- fast also, alot on the road, practical, easy to maintain, capable off roader but comfortable on-road runner. perfect compromise of the RAV and XT.

2nd Subaru Forester XT- turbo power, C/D'd 10Best Truck winner but cramped and flat4 hard to maintain (too complex engine bay), low for an SUV (seems like just a tall wagon). and its kinda old already. 6 y/o car.

3rd Toyota RAV4- well, it's big, its Toyota, its newer, it looks good but its priced like a gem...and not as roomy as expected. too American-ized Toyota product for me. also, i frequently see this gen3 Bluish grey RAV4 in Ortigas parking right in front of Raffles Bldg. after just a few weeks ive noticed that its left rear weatherstrips are kinda loose, a few days later it bent out shape already...tsk...tsk... not the quality it deserves for the price it commands.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Xtrail because it's the most capable on and off road.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Xt

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMHO

2.5 liters[I]

first impression:
    subaru(look fast even standingstill)
    xtrail(boxy, looks good)
    rav4(looks the same with the previous model only bigger)

performance(based on specs):
    subaru(much faster when in motion)
    xtrail(nimble, offroad capabalities is a plus)
    rav4(bulkier, heavy)

price:
    xtrail(fair price)
    subaru(a bargain for its kind)
    rav4(its price bracket is for large SUV)

maintenace:
    rav4(its toyota)
    xtrail(go to nissan)
    subaru(order)

value for money:
    well it depend on the performance of the car here in PI, forester is been here for quite a while and xtrail too, new rav4 made its debut at least a year...what ive notice are: i can see more Xtrail on the road it seems everyone has one, i seldom see forester and new rav4. Toyota lovers opted to get fortuners than rav4, subaru has'nt yet made a name for philippine market...

verdict (for me):
    subaru(fast, whoaaaaaaa)
    xtrail(had to have one too)
    rav4(pricey for its kind)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    1st XT
    2nd RAV4
    3rd Xtrail

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hmmmm...what would i choose?.

i wonder why nissan didn't bring the x-trail to the US. it would have been a worthy competitor in the cute ute segment of the market. but i don't get the assumption that the X-trail will outperform the XT and the RAV-4 off roads. the X-trail and the XT have identical ground clearance and the RAV-4 is not that much lower. is the X-trail's 4WD system really that much better than the RAV-4's or the XT's (considered to be one of the best 4WD systems in the world)? does the X-trail have special features such as locking rear differentials or off-road performance shocks to make it a more worth-while off-road machine over the two?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    Xtrail because it's the most capable on and off road.
    off road?

it's 4WD system is just identical to the Forester (though Subaru's AWD system is agurably one of the best in the world)... ground clearance would also be the same. though the Xtrail & Forester would better then new Rav4 (with its real-time 4WD instead of the old all-time 4WD).

on road?

the Forester XT has 230hp... and can accelerate to 100kph in 6.0s (faster than even some "sportscars").

the XT also has a lower center of gravity (thanks to its boxer engine) and roofline... resulting in better handling... basically an Im-PRET-za WRX with more luggage space and a higher ground clearance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subaru Forester XT vs. Toyota Rav4 vs. Nissan X-trail