New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are planning to by a crossover. She like the Tucson diesel since diesel is cheap. I on the other hand wants the XV for AWD heritage and subaru quality. Last time I check the price of both is about the same.

Looking for:
    • Looks
    • Efficiency
    • Low maintenance cost
    • Reliability

Hope you can help us.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    base sa requirements mo, tucson ang mas leading. mas lamang lang slightly sa looks department ang XV.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Looks are subjective, I prefer the XV's low stance. Efficiency would probably still go for the diesel. I guess the maintenance of diesels will upset the frugality of everyday driving. Only impediment to the 'low maintenance cost' criteria would be Subaru parts. According to other owners, PMS costs shoot up due to expensive wear and tear items bought from the casa. Nothing against the XV, it looks good but it really feels cramped with the headroom, and trunk space is so-so. Although feedback says it's a better drive than the forester, then it probably is a good drive heheh. No first hand or second hand information on the tucson's reliability, but an acquaintance who own one seem to be happy =) My Two cents sir

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    tucson crdi. mas tipid. kahit mas mahal maintenance ng diesel, mahal rin naman sa subaru. so cheaper diesel, higher km/liter. though when it comes to looks, XV of course. ang dami nang tucson e. may exclusivity din ang subaru brand imo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'll go with XV kung hindi naman issue ang diesel ng tucson. I think FC is not bad for the 16V 4Cylinder Petrol.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If you place greater value on efficiency and low maintenance costs (service and parts), go for the Hyundai Tucson crdi.

If you value more the looks and brand heritage, go for the Subaru XV.

On running costs and fuel efficiency, while diesel is cheaper and crdi is more fuel efficient, its engine requires more oil at each PMS. The XV already has 6-speed CVT - that spells much improved efficiency over the current Forester, but still nowhere near crdi engines.

I too, was in the same predicament - whether to go for a Subaru (XV or Forester) or the more practical choice of a Korean crdi vehicle (Tucson, Sportage or Sorento, which I ended up buying), and opted for the more practical reasons. My heart wanted a Subaru (heritage in AWD + sports car) my mind dictated practicality.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka mas mura pa nga ang maintenance ng tucson crdi kesa xv. asan na ba yung subaru maintenance thread?

http://tsikot.com/forums/subaru-cars...s-costs-89707/

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks everyone. Medyo mahal pla PMS ng subie. Though I still want one. I think we can go with the korean but i'm still concern about the other forums talk about HARI on thier PMS(not using correct oil type and frequency of Oil Change in a year.) and the woes of crdi engine needing euro 4 diesel. we only have 1 or 2 unioil stations here.By I'm from Davao. In most cases we get better city FC than in Manila area. Again, Thank you very much.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maliit din ang xv kesa sa tucson.

don't buy from HARI. there is always pitstop and hancars. also i think the euro 4/5 designation on the engines does not realy mean it requires euro 4/5 diesel. it only means the engine complies with those standards. ang dami na sana tumirik na crdi dito sa luzon e hindi naman lahat sila sa unioil nagpapa-fill up.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Why not the Kia Sportage crdi then? It's got a fresher and more exciting body plus the cool daylight running lights and Kia PMS are more liberal than Hyundai, lower service cost too, besides the lower price for the unit itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast