New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mmv12 View Post
    hi everybody!

what's needed to consider between hp & torque when it comes to hilly highway? coz i'm planning to purchase a sedan with the following specs and i would like to know if this can easily conquer those rolling hill highway even if it is loaded with 5 passengers.

1.8L Petrol, 4 cylinder, in-line, 16 valve Double Over-Head Cam (DOHC) with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i).

Maximum power – 103kW at 6400rpm
    Maximum torque – 173Nm at 4000rpm
    Drive type *– Front wheel drive.
    Fuel tank capacity - 55L. 91 octane recommended.

thanks in advance!
    With these conditions, i'll be looking at torque and shop for a diesel fed vehicle.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You'll be fine with amount of output from a 4-banger engine. Some sedans can do well even with less output.

Those output figures are much like the Civic FD/FB/FC with the 1.8L engine which is decent for a compact sedan. Since it is a VVTi engine, I am assuming it may be a previous generation Altis with the 1.8L engine.
    thanks Egan101 for the reply.

its a toyota corolla glx 2015 model.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    With these conditions, i'll be looking at torque and shop for a diesel fed vehicle.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    thanks c_cube. but diesel engine is out of question for now.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hi everybody!

what's needed to consider between hp & torque when it comes to hilly highway? coz i'm planning to purchase a sedan with the following specs and i would like to know if this can easily conquer those rolling hill highway even if it is loaded with 5 passengers.

1.8L Petrol, 4 cylinder, in-line, 16 valve Double Over-Head Cam (DOHC) with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i).

thanks in advance!
    Is this an impulse buy or do you have time to shop? What's your budget?

If you're going to do a lot of people hauling over "rolling hills" then consider getting another vehicle. The one above can do it but if you're going to go through the same route with the same amount of passengers all the time then, seriously dude, get another car instead.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hi everybody!

thanks in advance!
    the numbers game!
    but they're just... numbers!

my suggestion is, to try out the car, sir.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the numbers game!
    but they're just... numbers!

my suggestion is, to try out the car, sir.
    Yeap, i'll try it out this saturday with full load. Its not really everyday loaded with 5 adults. But its a daily trip to & from work w/c is around 28kms per way.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456