New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vios vs. Avanza vs. Sentra.

All brand new. All 1.3L. All manual tranny.

Which one will have the best mileage? Second best? Worst?

What are the real km/l of these cars?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Vios should lead the economy contest, being lower and shorter than the Avanza better engine technology than the Sentra, and lower weight than both. The Sentra, I think, should come second being lighter and more aerodynamic than the Avanza. I suspect the Avanza 1.3 will head the Lite Ace way, underpowered and undertorqued for a 7-passenger vehicle that would result to slow performance and/or not-so-good fuel mileage.

My friend's Vios 1.3 did as much as 17 km/liter, but economy runs should yield even better results.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suspected that the Vios would be the clear winner.

Does anyone know how many km/l the Avanza 1.3L does? And the 1.3L Sentra? Magkalayo ba silang dalawa? Also, does it help that the Avanza is RWD?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    No, RWD doesn't necessarily make a difference in economy. Compared to FWD, it's a bit heavier with the driveshaft in place, but the weight is better distributed. 4WD is another story though.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    former sentra gx(m/t) owner. fuel consumption is 14-15 km/l highway driving with conservative driving (80-100km/h). Medyo malakas sa gas pag city driving( 7-8km/l) mabigat kasi body.

Mileage comparo: 1.3L Vios vs 1.3L Avanza vs 1.3L Sentra