New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hello everyone. Pls help me choose between these two brands considering all factors such as fuel consumption, maintenance/parts, looks, endurance, power and overall bang for the buck. I'm 25 years old, single, the car will be used mainly for city driving. I'd be shouldering the expenses for the car (my first btw) which is a sizeable investment tapos i'm also a first time buyer so would really appreciate your inputs.

Vios - P720,000
    City - P771,000

Thanks sirs/maams.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    both are good cars.

i'd go for the city, since its fresh while the vios is 5 years in the market already. unless you're willing to wait for the new one to be launched.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung OK lang sayo ang 771k na price ng City... Eh di yun nalang. You get more power and better looks as well as more space. I'm not fond of the Vios. Napakasikip and the 1.3E lacks power. Ano yung budget ceiling mo? You may want to consider the Accent 1.4GL A/T at 688k and 1.6GLS blue at 808k which is a bargain when compared to the City's price and that's just the SRP may discount pa sigurado yan, as compared to the Honda na walang kadiscount-discount.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung OK lang sayo ang 771k na price ng City... Eh di yun nalang. You get more power and better looks as well as more space. I'm not fond of the Vios. Napakasikip and the 1.3E lacks power. Ano yung budget ceiling mo? You may want to consider the Accent 1.4GL A/T at 688k and 1.6GLS blue at 808k which is a bargain when compared to the City's price and that's just the SRP may discount pa sigurado yan, as compared to the Honda na walang kadiscount-discount.
    Sir GTi paanong lacks of power? I drive the E variant (manual nga lang hehe), mabilis sa recta, arangkada ok. Ang sakit nga lang sa matarik, mabagal.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kung space sir afb go for the city. Kung sa budget at cheap maintenancde cost Vios. Both cars okay naman ang resale value.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sir GTi, thanks for the input. I think i'm learning more on the City nga. How about in terms of fuel efficiency? Alin ho masmatipid? Interresting suggestion sir with the Accent 1.4GL A/T, will definitely look into it. Overall sir, how do you think would it compare to the City?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Better suspension ang city and walang taxi kapag honda city kaya may prestige pero mas mahal maintenance

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Sir GTi paanong lacks of power? I drive the E variant (manual nga lang hehe), mabilis sa recta, arangkada ok. Ang sakit nga lang sa matarik, mabagal.
    Nadrive ko narin ang 1.3E, sari sariling perception of mabagal siguro yun. Pero halata ko may daya yung Vios eh. Yung throttle niya electronic, kaya kunting apak lang ang taas na kaagad ng nirerev kaya nung una hindi ako nasanayan, at lagi umaabot ng 4000-5000rpm kapag nagta-take off. :rofl: Yun nga lang after that, nahalata ko it doesn't have much more to give, and there isn't much torque either which is a given being a 1.3

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by afb_ramos93 View Post
    Sir GTi, thanks for the input. I think i'm learning more on the City nga. How about in terms of fuel efficiency? Alin ho masmatipid? Interresting suggestion sir with the Accent 1.4GL A/T, will definitely look into it. Overall sir, how do you think would it compare to the City?
    AFAIK mas mura maintenance ng Accent. Fuel efficiency naman, depende narin sa tao at traffic conditions yun eh. But the Accent has more power and torque which should make it more relaxed, saving more fuel. Di mo ba i-coconsider ang GLS blue Accent? Heard na napakabilis nun, matipid pa sa gas dahil sa Blue technology niya at kaunti nalang agwat niya sa City 1.3S, siguro may discount pa.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    AFAIK mas mura maintenance ng Accent. Fuel efficiency naman, depende narin sa tao at traffic conditions yun eh. But the Accent has more power and torque which should make it more relaxed, saving more fuel. Di mo ba i-coconsider ang GLS blue Accent? Heard na napakabilis nun, matipid pa sa gas dahil sa Blue technology niya at kaunti nalang agwat niya sa City 1.3S, siguro may discount pa.

Maganda nga sir ung GLS blue accent..loaded ng features. Interesting to note yung Blue Technology nya. I wonder how a 1.6 accent engine AT with blue technology compare to a 1.4 accent AT or a 1.3 City AT in terms of fuel efficiency? hindi nman ho kc ako masyadong particular sa speed.. for me fuel efficiency and maintenance cost are the main factors to consider.

Anyway, overall mukhang magiging mahirap pagpili ko nito sir.. My main concern with Hyundai really is that it's hyundai? Some of my friends tell me that Honda is still the better brand, tried and tested and hence the safer choice? tingin mo sir?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2011 Honda City 1.3 S A/T vs. 2011 Toyota Vios 1.3 E A/T