New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014

suppose you need to tow a small atv that's around 300kg. plus 100kg for the trailer.

suppose we exclude pickup platform vehicles and cap the budget at 1.5M so that excludes subarus

exclude CVT coz towing will kill the cvt (unless it's a subaru)

what options are we left with???

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

suppose you need to tow a small atv that's around 300kg. plus 100kg for the trailer.

suppose we exclude pickup platform vehicles and cap the budget at 1.5M so that excludes subarus

A good used v6 120. Uber reliable....Plus, you get back a chunk of change to spend on petrol.Tow vehicle that's not a PPV for 1.5M...

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kahit bigbody corolla with manual tranny kaya yan kahit unbraked pa yung trailer. kung may preno yung trailer instant madoble capacity.

kahit anung bagong oto siguro ngayon with at least 140NM of torque tas manual tranny kaya yan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by L1quid View Post
    Kahit bigbody corolla with manual tranny kaya yan kahit unbraked pa yung trailer. kung may preno yung trailer instant madoble capacity.

kahit anung bagong oto siguro ngayon with at least 140NM of torque tas manual tranny kaya yan.

forgot to add... "automatic" dapat

m/t options are plentiful. even a cheap toyota liteace panel could already hold 700+kg INSIDE the car, could definitely tow a lot more

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm. brand new ba dapat?

I think the Jimny can handle your requirement

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    hmmm. brand new ba dapat?

I think the Jimny can handle your requirement

yes bnew dapat. yeah jimny could do it w/ the 1.3 ton capacity which is kinda crazy coz 1.3 is already heavier than the car itself

what other options do we have?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    yes bnew dapat. yeah jimny could do it w/ the 1.3 ton capacity which is kinda crazy coz 1.3 is already heavier than the car itself

what other options do we have?
    Innova E sana kaso PPV. Puwede din Rush, Xpander, Territory, Stonic, Tuscon gas. Kaso di yata malagayan tow hook ang unibody?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i'd google, "what is a good tow vehicle?", see the specs, and see what's available locally, that suits my fancy.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm. requirements.

NOT pick-up based
    Automatic (not CVT)
    1.5M budget
    Brand New

I was initially looking at Tata and Mahindra... but their models are mostly manual

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Innova E sana kaso PPV. Puwede din Rush, Xpander, Territory, Stonic, Tuscon gas. Kaso di yata malagayan tow hook ang unibody?

i googled xpander towing capacity. quite a few south african sites are quoting 550kg! interesting. meron din talagang advantage ang 4spd a/t

pwede kabitan ang unibody. you just need some thick metal inserts INSIDE the frame rail so you don't rip the hole out. these "rails" are made from thin stamped steel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast