New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Which would you rather have?

A Kia Pride with a Mazda 1.6 16v DOHC engine http://www.cardomain.com/ride/639953

or a Classic Mini with a Honda 1.6 SOHC 16v (D series) Vtec engine?
    http://www.superfastminis.com/MTD.htm

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'll choose the Classic Mini with a Honda 1.6 SOHC 16v. ganda at cute kasi tingnan ng classic mini.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Syempre Mini obviously, tinatanong pa ba yan?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa Mini pa rin. for me, di hamak na mas maganda ang looks ng Mini.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    to the Mini...Kelangan pa bang i-memorize yan?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why do it half-assed?

Just go the whole hog on the Mini conversion and get a B16A...

While I'd rather have the Mini as a project car... the Kia Pride is a much cheaper project car... secondhand Minis go for almost five times as much as secondhand Prides.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i'd rather have a mini but with an original restored engine. much more sweeter sounding IMO. sounds like a modern BMW...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    i'd rather have a mini but with an original restored engine. much more sweeter sounding IMO. sounds like a modern BMW...
    Yup! All original please...
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I also like the Mini. Its shape never goes out of style, unlike the Kia. Before you can put a Honda engine on a Mini, you have to have special sub-frames, special driveshafts (one end Honda, the other end Mini) and cut part of the inner fenders. But you'll have a classic Mini with 16 valves, 5 speeds, EFI, 160 hp (with a stock B16A2) and Japanese reliability.

The Kia Pride conversion makes practical sense. It is cheaper, easier to do, parts readily available and you can install air-conditioning.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would pick mini over pride but if MK4 body and engine all OEM. Honda engine is nice and fast but it makes the mini not a classic at all. Choose the top of the line OEM engine for mini.

I would also pick Pride if I'm under budget. Nagkalat ang parts ng Pride at mura talaga and its easy to maintain. Go for the KDM look all stock pati engine.

It all depends upon the budget naman.

For me all cars can be restored. Kung pwede lang lahat ng klaseng cars dati kahit hindi sikat or minamaliit dati irerestore kopa yan kahit daewoo racer or hyundai atoz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kia Pride vs Classic Mini