New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Planning to get a crossover for daily home to office and 2-4 times a month out of town trips. I will probably get one by November. Leaning towards the Vitara but I need some expert opinions.

Considerations:

1. Budget is 1M ( 1.1M max)

2. Reliable and Fuel efficient

3. At least 185mm ground clearance

4. Easy to find parts

6. Can fit at least 4 people comfortably although I will be alone driving 80% of the time.

7. Has a large boot/rear storage capacity with 2nd row seats folded. If it can fit a 65" TV in a box thats great.

8. No Rush/Expander typesSub Compact Crossover Budget 1M

9. Comfortable to drive

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    BRV, Ecosport Non-Ecoboost if Ford hasn't completely solved the Ecoboost issues (non-DCT), and Vitara are what comes to mind.

If you can stretch the budget, Mazda CX3 for just that more driver oriented car + stylish design.

Wildcard would be from the MG Stable since we don't know how it will fare long term here in our market. But I can't fault it in their design department as it looks polished as heck (design cues/styling) along with goodies for the price. ZS over the RX5 in my opinion though for the design. =)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I have 1.1M now, I would buy a Civic. It is a much better car than an Ecosport or Vitara or BRV. If you have the budget, get a Subaru XV.

If only Mitsubishi still sells the ASX, it is a good car for its discounted price of around 1.1M. I have no complaints with my ASX except it is not as quick or agile as my other ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Btw, l have watched PH reviews for the Vitara and Ecosport but I cannot find anything for the Hyundai Kona.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If I have 1.1M now, I would buy a Civic. It is a much better car than an Ecosport or Vitara or BRV. If you have the budget, get a Subaru XV.

If only Mitsubishi still sells the ASX, it is a good car for its discounted price of around 1.1M. I have no complaints with my ASX except it is not as quick or agile as my other ride.

Civic is not a subcompact crossover. I need a ride with higher ground clearance.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mccoy26 View Post
    Btw, l have watched PH reviews for the Vitara and Ecosport but I cannot find anything for the Hyundai Kona.

Hyundai Kona is a great choice. You get a bigger engine compared to ecosport and vitara. I’ve been seeing some on the road and they look pretty good. Although I’m not sure about its ground clearance.

I think ecosport has the highest ground clearance if that’s what you’re looking for. The facelifted ecosport is now a decent choice. It doesn’t have that s****y DCT anymore. Do not get the 1.0 ecoboost if you’re planning on keeping it for a long time though. The 1.5L will theoretically last longer.

How about the new jimny?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

Do not get the 1.0 ecoboost if you’re planning on keeping it for a long time though. The 1.5L will theoretically last longer.
    Sir, why do you say so? It’s like saying turbo engines are not reliable.

The Ford 1.0L turbo engine has been recognized worldwide. I had no issues with mine before.

Or maybe you just had a bad experience with a turbo engine? No concerns naman with other turbo cars like Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Sir, why do you say so? ItÂ’s like saying turbo engines are not reliable.

The Ford 1.0L turbo engine has been recognized worldwide. I had no issues with mine before.

Or maybe you just had a bad experience with a turbo engine? No concerns naman with other turbo cars like Subaru, BMW, Audi, etc.

Turbos are great actually, they perform really well in my experience. But they have a drawback, pistons are more likely to be damaged by detonation. I think they might not be suited for casual drivers. You have to be careful with its maintenance, you have to know the right oil to use, know the fuel you use, keeping in mind to prevent carbon build up, being careful not to drive the engine hard too much, avoid short distance trips... I wouldnÂ’t expect them to outlast a NA engine especially a port injected one. However if one is meticulous with its maintenance, turbos will probably last long.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I would go with Hyundai Kona.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    I would go with Hyundai Kona.
    The quirky plastic overload hasn't grown on me, regardless of the added effort. Hyundai kinda succeeded in aesthetic devaluation.Sub Compact Crossover Budget 1M

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast